Name: Markus Waibel
Member since: 2006-12-02 10:21:01
Last Login: 2015-05-20 08:16:54
Articles Posted by mwaibel
- BrainDriver - A Mind Controlled Car 17 Feb 2011 at 19:06 UTC
- Winners of Willow Garage ROS 3D Kinect Contest 11 Feb 2011 at 09:02 UTC
- Next Giant Leap pursues Google Lunar X Prize 10 Feb 2011 at 21:37 UTC
- Keepon finally for sale 8 Feb 2011 at 19:58 UTC
- RoboEarth - A World Wide Web for Robots 5 Feb 2011 at 14:06 UTC
- Robots: Odor Source Localization 2 Feb 2011 at 18:43 UTC
- Robotic farms - Hortiplan mobile gully system 1 Feb 2011 at 13:44 UTC
- Epic Indian robotics movie on Youtube 1 Feb 2011 at 13:42 UTC
- Anthropomorphic robotic arm from the DLR 28 Jan 2011 at 08:44 UTC
- Real-world vehicle platooning demo 26 Jan 2011 at 08:39 UTC
Recent blog entries by mwaibel
Robots Podcast #230: bots_alive, with Bradly Knox
In this episode, Audrow Nash interviews Bradley Knox, founder of bots_alive. Knox speaks about an add-on to a Hexbug, a six-legged robotic toy, that makes the bot behave more like a character. They discuss the novel way Knox uses machine learning to create a sense character. They also discuss the limitation of technology to emulate living creatures, and how the bots_alive robot was built within these limitations.
Robots Podcast #229: IASP 2016 (Part 1 of 3), with Albert Efimov, Anastasia Uryasheva and Borris Rozman
In this episode, Audrow Nash and Christina Brester conduct interviews at the 2016 International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation conference in Moscow, Russia. They speak with Albert Efimov, Chief Roboticist at Skolkovo, about creating an innovation cluster for robotics companies; Anastasia Uryasheva, CEO of Tsuru, about a waterproof unmanned aerial vehicle; and Borris Rozman, General Director of GNOM, about underwater vehicles.
This is the first of three interviews from the conference.
Robots Podcast #228: RoboUniverse Conference – Drones, AI, and 3D printing (Part 2 of 2), with Dr. Douglas Stow, Dr. Eugene Izhikevich and Cullen Hilkene
In this episode, Abate De Mey interviews speakers from the Artificial Intelligence and Drone tracks at RoboUniverse San Diego and the Inside 3D Printing Conference. Dr. Douglas Stow from the Drones track discusses the use of drones in analyzing large scale changes over time in terrains, and its applications in determining the extent of damage after a natural disaster. From the Artificial Intelligence track, Dr. Eugene Izhikevich discusses how his company, Brain Corporation, converts manually driven industrial machines into autonomous robots. Wrapping it up, Cullen Hilkene from 3Diligent discusses how his company optimizes the work flow and communication layer between a diverse set of 3D print vendors and their customers.
Robots Podcast #227: RoboUniverse Conference – Agricultural Robotics (Part 1 of 2), with Dan Harburg and Matthew Borzage
In this episode, Abate De Mey interviews two speakers from the Agricultural track of the RoboUniverse 2016 conference in San Diego: Dan Harburg of Soft Robotics Inc. and Matthew Borzage of BioTac. Borzage and Harburg discuss their distinct approaches to advancing gripping technology in Agriculture. Borzage stresses the importance of tactile sensing while Harburg pushes for low cost, soft grippers with no on-board sensors.
Robots Podcast #226: Toru robots, with Dr. Moritz Tenorth
<iframe width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”no” src=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/303889039&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false”></iframe>
In this episode, Ron Vanderkley will be talking to Dr Moritz Tenorth he is head of software development at Magazino, a Munich-based startup developing mobile pick-and-place robots for item-specific logistics. We will be discussing his work on the Toru robot and what it means to the warehouse industry today and in the future.
mwaibel certified others as follows:
- mwaibel certified gcaprari as Master
- mwaibel certified mondada as Master
- mwaibel certified rodbrooks as Master
- mwaibel certified robominister as Master
- mwaibel certified schernova as Master
Others have certified mwaibel as follows:
- steve certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- Botnerd certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- The Swirling Brain certified mwaibel as Master
- michel certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- vinod kumar certified mwaibel as Master
- jwp9447 certified mwaibel as Master
- TheMechanicalSpider certified mwaibel as Master
[ Certification disabled because you're not logged in. ]