Name: Markus Waibel
Member since: 2006-12-02 10:21:01
Last Login: 2015-05-20 08:16:54
Articles Posted by mwaibel
- BrainDriver - A Mind Controlled Car 17 Feb 2011 at 19:06 UTC
- Winners of Willow Garage ROS 3D Kinect Contest 11 Feb 2011 at 09:02 UTC
- Next Giant Leap pursues Google Lunar X Prize 10 Feb 2011 at 21:37 UTC
- Keepon finally for sale 8 Feb 2011 at 19:58 UTC
- RoboEarth - A World Wide Web for Robots 5 Feb 2011 at 14:06 UTC
- Robots: Odor Source Localization 2 Feb 2011 at 18:43 UTC
- Robotic farms - Hortiplan mobile gully system 1 Feb 2011 at 13:44 UTC
- Epic Indian robotics movie on Youtube 1 Feb 2011 at 13:42 UTC
- Anthropomorphic robotic arm from the DLR 28 Jan 2011 at 08:44 UTC
- Real-world vehicle platooning demo 26 Jan 2011 at 08:39 UTC
Recent blog entries by mwaibel
Robots: 200th Episode Special
In this episode, we celebrate our 200th episode! That's over 6000 minutes of robot goodness and nearly 8 years releasing interviews with your favorite roboticists. The podcast is all volunteer run, a special thanks to everyone on the team who's made this possible! And thanks to all of you for listening-in all these years. To celebrate, our president Audrow Nash has invited a team of old-timers from the podcast team, and one of our favorite recurring guests, Rodney Brooks from Rethink Robotics.
Robots: Microrobots for Harvesting Crystals
In this episode, Audrow Nash interviews Simone Schürle, advisor and co-founder of MagnebotiX, about using small robots to harvest crystals. These crystals can be used to infer atomic structure. An example application is in drug development to see if protein binding has occurred.
Robots: Construction Drilling
In this episode Audrow Nash interviews Konrad Fagertun, Chief Operating Officer of nLink in Norway. They speak about a mobile robotic platform for the construction industry. The problem that they've chosen to solve is drilling holes in the ceiling. For a shopping mall, 400,000 holes may have to be drilled — by hand. This is a task Fagertun says "no one likes" so nLink built a robot to automate it. Fagertun discusses their robotic platform, how they chose their application, and the future plans of nLink.
Robots: Multi-Agent Systems and Human-Swarm Interaction
In this episode, Andrew Vaziri interviews Magnus Egerstedt, Professor at Georiga Tech, about privacy and security concerns in multi agent systems, as well as research into interfaces designed to enable a single operator to control large swarms of robots.
Robots: Marine Robotics Systems
In this episode, Ron Vanderkley speaks with Stefan Williams of the University of Sydney’s Marine Systems Group about their expedition to map the famous Antikythera Shipwreck, one of the richest ancient wrecks ever discovered.
mwaibel certified others as follows:
- mwaibel certified gcaprari as Master
- mwaibel certified mondada as Master
- mwaibel certified rodbrooks as Master
- mwaibel certified robominister as Master
- mwaibel certified schernova as Master
Others have certified mwaibel as follows:
- steve certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- Botnerd certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- The Swirling Brain certified mwaibel as Master
- michel certified mwaibel as Journeyer
- vinod kumar certified mwaibel as Master
- jwp9447 certified mwaibel as Master
- TheMechanicalSpider certified mwaibel as Master
[ Certification disabled because you're not logged in. ]