Google Photos is a popular photo storage and sharing platform that allows you to store, organize, and share your photos and videos with ease. As you continue to capture memories and add new photos to your Google Photos library, you may find yourself wanting to delete multiple photos at once, rather than deleting them individually. Deleting multiple photos can save you time and streamline the process of organizing your photo collection.
In this article, we will explore various methods to delete multiple photos on Google Photos, ranging from using the Google Photos website and mobile app to leveraging Google Drive and third-party apps or software. Whether you’re looking to remove duplicates, clear out old photos, or tidy up your photo library, these methods will help you delete multiple photos efficiently.
Please note that deleting photos from Google Photos will permanently remove them from your account and cannot be undone. Therefore, it is recommended to back up your photos before proceeding with any deletion method.
So, let’s dive in and discover the different ways to delete multiple photos on Google Photos!
Method 1: Selecting Multiple Photos Using the Google Photos Website
If you prefer to delete multiple photos using the Google Photos website, follow these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to https://photos.google.com/.
- Sign in to your Google account, if you haven’t already.
- Once you’re logged in, you will see all your photos organized in the main window. Browse through your albums or use the search bar to locate the photos you want to delete.
- To select multiple photos, hold down the “Ctrl” key (Windows) or “Command” key (Mac) while clicking on each photo that you want to delete. You will see a blue checkmark on the selected photos.
- After selecting the photos you want to delete, click on the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Delete” to remove the selected photos from your Google Photos library.
- A confirmation box will appear asking “Delete these photos?” Click on “Delete” to confirm the deletion. The selected photos will be permanently removed from your Google Photos account.
It’s important to note that the selected photos will also be deleted from any albums they are part of, as well as from shared albums. If you have shared the photos with others, they will no longer have access to those specific photos.
Using the Google Photos website to select and delete multiple photos is convenient when you prefer working on a larger screen or if you want to delete a significant number of photos at once. However, if you prefer using a mobile device, the Google Photos mobile app provides another easy method to delete multiple photos.
Method 2: Using the Google Photos Mobile App to Delete Multiple Photos
If you are on the go or prefer using your smartphone or tablet to manage your photos, the Google Photos mobile app allows you to delete multiple photos with just a few taps. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Photos app on your mobile device.
- Sign in to your Google account, if necessary.
- Navigate to the “Photos” tab within the app to view all your photos.
- Scroll through your photos or use the search bar to find the specific photos you want to delete.
- To select multiple photos, tap and hold on one photo until it is highlighted.
- While still holding the first photo, swipe or tap on the additional photos you want to delete. Each selected photo will be marked with a checkmark.
- Once you have selected all the photos you want to delete, tap on the trash can icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- A confirmation message will appear asking “Delete selected items?” Tap “Delete” to confirm the deletion. The selected photos will be permanently deleted from your Google Photos library.
Keep in mind that deleting photos using the Google Photos mobile app will remove them not only from your device but also from your Google Photos account. Additionally, photos deleted from the mobile app will also be removed from any shared albums or linked devices.
The Google Photos mobile app provides a convenient and user-friendly way to delete multiple photos directly from your phone or tablet. However, if you prefer using Google Drive and want to delete photos from there, continue reading to learn about Method 3.
Method 3: Deleting Multiple Photos in Google Photos Using Google Drive
If you have your photos stored in Google Drive and want to delete multiple photos, you can use this method to remove them from both Google Drive and Google Photos simultaneously:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to https://drive.google.com/.
- Sign in to your Google account if you haven’t done so already.
- In Google Drive, locate the folder or location where your photos are stored.
- Click on a photo to select it. To select multiple photos, hold down the “Ctrl” key (Windows) or “Command” key (Mac) while clicking on each photo you want to delete.
- Once you have selected all the photos you want to delete, right-click on one of the selected photos, and choose “Move to trash” from the context menu.
- A confirmation prompt will appear asking “Do you want to move these items to the trash?” Click on “Move” to confirm.
By deleting the photos from Google Drive, they will also be removed from your Google Photos library since both platforms are interconnected. However, keep in mind that this method will not remove the photos from any albums they are part of or from shared albums. If you want to delete the photos entirely, make sure to remove them from any albums or shared spaces before using this method.
While Google Drive offers an alternative method for deleting multiple photos within your Google Photos library, there are also third-party apps and software that can assist you in accomplishing this task with more advanced features.
Method 4: Using Third-Party Apps or Software to Delete Multiple Photos on Google Photos
If you’re looking for additional options and more advanced features to delete multiple photos on Google Photos, you can explore third-party apps or software that integrate with the platform. These tools provide enhanced functionality and customization for efficiently managing and deleting your photos. Here’s an overview of the general steps:
- Research and select a reliable third-party app or software that is compatible with Google Photos. Some popular options include ‘PicBackMan,’ ‘SoftwareLab’s “Google Photos Duplicate Cleaner”,’ and ‘Dedupely.’
- Ensure that the chosen app or software meets your specific requirements, such as the ability to select and delete multiple photos.
- Download and install the selected app or software on your device or computer.
- Follow the instructions provided by the app or software to connect it with your Google Photos account.
- Once connected, use the features and options available in the app or software to select the desired photos you want to delete.
- Confirm the deletion process when prompted by the app or software. This may involve clicking on a “Delete” or “Remove” button.
- Review the deleted photos in your Google Photos library to ensure they have been successfully removed.
Third-party apps or software can offer advanced functionality for managing and deleting multiple photos on Google Photos. They often provide features like duplicate photo detection, bulk selection, and additional filters to streamline the deletion process. However, it’s essential to research and use reputable apps or software from trusted sources, ensuring they adhere to Google’s safety and privacy guidelines.
Before using any third-party app or software, it’s recommended to thoroughly read reviews and instructions, as well as back up your photos to avoid any potential data loss. Additionally, always exercise caution and protect your personal information while using external tools.
By utilizing third-party apps or software, you can enhance your photo management experience on Google Photos and efficiently delete multiple photos according to your specific needs and preferences.
Deleting multiple photos on Google Photos can help you declutter your photo library, free up storage space, and better organize your memories. In this article, we explored various methods to achieve this, including using the Google Photos website, the mobile app, Google Drive, and third-party apps or software.
If you prefer using a computer and a larger screen, the Google Photos website allows you to select and delete multiple photos easily. On the other hand, the Google Photos mobile app offers a convenient solution for deleting photos on the go, directly from your smartphone or tablet.
For those who store their photos in Google Drive, we discussed the method of deleting photos in Google Drive, which also removes them from your Google Photos library.
Lastly, we mentioned the possibility of using third-party apps or software to delete multiple photos on Google Photos. These tools provide additional features and customization options to make the deletion process more efficient and tailored to your requirements.
Remember to exercise caution and backup your photos before deleting them, especially when using third-party apps or software. Additionally, be mindful that deleting photos from Google Photos is permanent and cannot be undone.
Choose the method that best suits your needs and preferences, keeping in mind the convenience, accessibility, and additional features offered by each approach. Whether you want to remove duplicates, clear out old photos, or simply organize your photo library, these methods will assist you in efficiently deleting multiple photos on Google Photos.
So, go ahead and start decluttering your Google Photos library to create more space for new memories!