Welcome to the world of smartphones, where the capabilities of our devices seem almost limitless. From browsing the internet to streaming videos, our smartphones have become an integral part of our daily lives. However, with all the apps and processes running in the background, it’s not uncommon for our phones to experience a slowdown. One of the reasons for this slowdown can be attributed to the limited amount of Random Access Memory (RAM) available on our devices.
RAM is a type of temporary storage on your phone that allows it to run multiple applications simultaneously. When your device’s RAM is utilized to its maximum capacity, it can result in sluggish performance and lagging apps. Fortunately, there are ways to free up RAM and optimize the performance of your Samsung Galaxy S7.
In this article, we will guide you through several easy-to-follow methods that can help you free up RAM on your Galaxy S7, ensuring a smoother and more efficient user experience.
Clear Cached Data
One of the simplest ways to free up RAM on your Galaxy S7 is by clearing the cached data. Cached data is temporary files and data that are stored on your device to help apps load faster. Over time, these cached files can accumulate and take up a significant amount of space in your RAM, causing your device to slow down.
To clear the cached data on your Galaxy S7, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Device maintenance” option.
- Tap on “Storage” to view the storage details of your device.
- Tap on “Cached data”.
- A pop-up will appear, asking if you want to delete cached data. Tap on “OK” to confirm.
By clearing the cached data, you are essentially removing temporary files that are no longer needed, freeing up valuable space in your RAM. This can help boost the performance of your Galaxy S7 and improve its responsiveness.
Disable or Uninstall Unused Apps
Another effective method to free up RAM on your Galaxy S7 is by disabling or uninstalling unused apps. Every app that you have installed on your device takes up a certain amount of RAM, even if you are not actively using it. By eliminating these apps, you can reclaim valuable RAM space and improve the overall performance of your device.
Here’s how you can disable or uninstall unused apps on your Galaxy S7:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Apps” or “Application Manager” option.
- You will see a list of all the apps installed on your device.
- Scroll through the list and identify the apps that you no longer use or need.
- Tap on the app that you want to disable or uninstall.
- If you want to disable the app, tap on the “Disable” button. This will prevent the app from running in the background and consuming RAM.
- If you want to uninstall the app, tap on the “Uninstall” button. This will completely remove the app from your device.
By disabling or uninstalling unused apps, you can free up significant amounts of RAM, allowing your Galaxy S7 to perform more efficiently without unnecessary background processes.
Limit Background Processes
Limiting background processes is another effective way to free up RAM on your Galaxy S7. Background processes are the apps and services that continue to run even when you are not actively using them. While some background processes are necessary for the functioning of your device, too many of them can hog precious RAM resources and lead to slower performance.
To limit background processes on your Galaxy S7, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Developer options” or “About phone” option.
- If you do not see the “Developer options” or “About phone” option, go to “About phone” and tap on the “Build number” 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Once you have accessed the “Developer options”, look for the “Limit background processes” option.
- Tap on this option and select the desired limit for background processes. You can choose between “Standard limit”, which allows most apps to run in the background, or “No background processes”, which restricts all background processes.
By setting a limit on background processes, you are controlling the number of apps and services running in the background, thereby freeing up RAM for the tasks and apps that you are actively using. This can greatly enhance the performance and responsiveness of your Galaxy S7.
Close Unused Apps
One of the easiest ways to free up RAM on your Galaxy S7 is by closing unused apps. When you switch between apps on your device, some of them may remain open in the background, consuming valuable RAM resources. Closing these unused apps not only frees up RAM but also helps conserve battery life.
To close unused apps on your Galaxy S7, follow these steps:
- Press the “Recent Apps” button on your device. It is usually located at the bottom left or bottom right of the screen.
- You will see a list of the recently opened apps.
- Swipe left or right to navigate through the list.
- Swipe up on the app windows that you want to close.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the “Close All” button to close all the apps at once.
By closing unused apps, you are freeing up RAM for the apps that you are actively using, resulting in improved performance and faster app loading times. This simple practice can go a long way in optimizing the functionality of your Galaxy S7.
Restart Your Phone
An often overlooked but effective method to free up RAM on your Galaxy S7 is by restarting your phone. Restarting your phone clears the temporary files and processes that are taking up RAM, effectively freeing up memory and refreshing the system.
To restart your Galaxy S7, simply follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on your device.
- A menu will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the “Restart” or “Reboot” option.
- Your phone will then shut down and start up again.
Once your phone has restarted, it will have a clean slate, with all unnecessary processes and cached files cleared from the RAM. This can significantly boost the performance of your Galaxy S7 and resolve any temporary glitches or slowdowns that may have been affecting its functionality.
Make it a habit to restart your phone regularly, especially if you notice that it is becoming slow or unresponsive. Doing so will ensure that your device is running at its optimum level and that you have ample free RAM for your everyday tasks and apps.
Use a RAM Booster App
If you want a more automated and efficient approach to free up RAM on your Galaxy S7, you can consider using a RAM booster app. These apps are specifically designed to optimize the performance of your device by clearing out unnecessary processes and freeing up RAM.
There are several RAM booster apps available on the Google Play Store that you can choose from. These apps typically offer features such as one-click optimization, task killing, and RAM monitoring. Here’s how you can use a RAM booster app:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Galaxy S7 and search for a RAM booster app.
- Read the app reviews, ratings, and features to find one that suits your needs.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to optimize your device’s RAM.
Once the RAM booster app is installed, you can use it to regularly free up RAM, close background processes, and improve the overall performance of your Galaxy S7. These apps often have additional features like battery optimization and storage cleanup, providing a comprehensive solution to keep your device running smoothly.
While RAM booster apps can be helpful, it is important to choose a reputable app from a trusted developer. Additionally, be cautious of apps that promise unrealistic results or ask for unnecessary permissions. Always read user reviews and exercise caution when downloading and using third-party apps.
Using a RAM booster app can be a convenient way to optimize your device’s RAM and enhance its performance. However, it is important to remember that manually implementing the previous methods, such as clearing cached data and closing unused apps, can also achieve similar results without the need for additional apps.
Having a smartphone like the Galaxy S7 offers a wealth of features and capabilities, but as time goes on, you may notice a decline in performance due to limited RAM. Fortunately, there are several methods you can employ to free up RAM and optimize the performance of your device.
In this article, we discussed various techniques to help you free up RAM on your Galaxy S7. Clearing cached data, disabling or uninstalling unused apps, limiting background processes, closing unused apps, and restarting your phone are all effective ways to free up RAM and improve the overall performance and responsiveness of your device.
Additionally, considering the use of a RAM booster app can provide a more automated and efficient approach to optimize your Galaxy S7’s RAM. These apps can help you quickly clear unnecessary processes and free up RAM, resulting in a smoother user experience.
Remember, it is important to prioritize your device’s RAM to ensure that it is effectively utilized by the apps and processes that matter most to you. By following these methods, you can maximize the capabilities of your Galaxy S7 and enjoy a seamless mobile experience.
So, whether you choose to manually implement these techniques or use a RAM booster app, taking steps to free up RAM will undoubtedly enhance the performance and usability of your Galaxy S7.