Discord has become a popular platform for gamers and online communities to communicate and connect with each other. With its various features, it offers a seamless experience for users to interact while playing games or engaging in conversations. One of the exciting features of Discord is the ability to integrate and display your Spotify activity, allowing you to share your favorite tunes and enhance the overall social experience.
By linking your Spotify account to Discord, you can easily showcase your current listening activity, including the song you are currently playing or have recently played. This integration not only adds a personal touch to your Discord profile, but it also creates opportunities for you to discover new music and have shared listening sessions with your friends and community.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps to show Spotify on Discord, ensuring that your friends can see what you’re jamming to and join in the musical fun. Whether you are a music enthusiast or just someone looking to enhance their Discord experience, you’re in the right place. So let’s get started and make sure your Spotify activity is visible to all on Discord!
Step 1: Connecting your Spotify account to Discord
Before you can start displaying your Spotify activity on Discord, you’ll need to connect your Spotify account to your Discord account. This is a straightforward process that can be done in just a few simple steps:
- Open the Discord desktop app or visit the Discord website and log in to your account.
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the User Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- In the User Settings menu, select the “Connections” tab on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down until you find the Spotify option and click on the “Connect” button next to it.
- A new window will appear, asking you to log in to your Spotify account. Enter your Spotify username and password, then click the “Log In” button.
- After successfully logging in, you’ll be prompted to give Discord permission to access your Spotify account. Click the “Agree” button to proceed.
- Once you’ve connected your Spotify account, you’ll see a confirmation message in Discord, indicating that the connection was successful.
That’s it! Your Spotify account is now linked to Discord, and you’re ready to move on to the next step. Keep in mind that you’ll need to have Spotify installed on your device and be logged in to your Spotify account for Discord to display your Spotify activity correctly.
Step 2: Enabling Spotify on your Discord profile
Now that you have connected your Spotify account to Discord, it’s time to enable Spotify on your Discord profile. Enabling this feature will allow your friends and community members to see what you’re currently listening to and view your Spotify activity. Follow these steps to enable Spotify on your Discord profile:
- In the Discord desktop app or website, access the User Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom-left corner.
- In the User Settings menu, select the “Connections” tab on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down until you find the Spotify option. You’ll see a toggle switch next to it.
- Toggle the switch to the right to enable Spotify on your Discord profile. Once enabled, the switch will turn green.
- You can also choose to display the album cover art for the song you’re playing by toggling the “Display on profile” switch. This will add a visually appealing touch to your profile.
- Additionally, you can choose to “Display Spotify as your status.” Enabling this option will automatically update your Discord status with the song you’re currently playing on Spotify.
- Once you’ve made your desired selections, close the User Settings menu. Your Spotify activity will now be visible on your Discord profile.
By enabling Spotify on your Discord profile, you’re giving your friends and community members the opportunity to discover new music, share recommendations, and connect over a shared appreciation for your favorite tunes. It adds a personal touch to your online presence and enhances the overall social experience on Discord.
Step 3: Displaying your Spotify status on Discord
Once you have connected your Spotify account to Discord and enabled Spotify on your profile, the next step is to ensure that your Spotify status is visible to others. By displaying your Spotify status, your friends and community members can instantly see what song you’re currently playing, further enhancing the social experience on Discord. Follow these simple steps to display your Spotify status on Discord:
- Make sure that you have Spotify open on your device and that you’re actively playing a song.
- Head back to Discord and click on your profile picture or avatar located in the bottom-left corner to open your User Settings.
- In the User Settings menu, select the “Game Activity” tab on the left-hand side.
- Under the “Games” section, Discord should automatically detect that you are playing music on Spotify.
- Look for the Spotify logo and the name of the song you’re currently playing. You can customize the text that is displayed if you prefer.
- Click on the song name to expand the Spotify status settings.
- Here, you can choose to show the album art along with your status by toggling the “Display Current Spotify Track” switch.
- Once you’re satisfied with the settings, close the User Settings menu and your Spotify status will now be displayed on your Discord profile for others to see.
By displaying your Spotify status on Discord, you are showcasing your musical interests and allowing others to engage with your current listening choices. It’s a great way to start conversations, discover new music, or simply share your favorite tracks with like-minded individuals in your community.
Step 4: Listening to Spotify music on Discord
Now that you have successfully connected your Spotify account to Discord, enabled Spotify on your profile, and displayed your Spotify status, you’re all set to enhance your Discord experience by listening to Spotify music right within the app. Follow these steps to listen to Spotify music on Discord:
- Make sure that you have Spotify open and actively playing music on your device.
- In Discord, open a chat window with a friend or join a voice channel.
- In the chat window, at the bottom-left corner, you’ll find a small Spotify logo. Click on it to open the Spotify listening party feature.
- A mini Spotify player will appear in Discord, showing the song you’re currently playing, along with playback controls.
- You can control the playback, skip songs, adjust the volume, and even play and pause your Spotify music without leaving the Discord app.
- Additionally, if you’re in a voice channel, you can share your Spotify music with others by clicking on the “Listen Along” button in the bottom-left corner of the Spotify player.
- This will allow your friends in the voice channel to listen to the same Spotify music simultaneously and enjoy a synchronized listening experience.
Listening to Spotify music on Discord not only allows you to enjoy your favorite tunes but also brings a collaborative and interactive element to your conversations and gaming sessions. It’s a great way to bond with friends over shared musical interests or set the tone for a particular gaming session.
Integrating Spotify with Discord gives you the ability to showcase your musical tastes, engage with friends and community members, and enhance the overall social experience on the platform. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can connect your Spotify account to Discord, enable Spotify on your profile, display your Spotify status, and even listen to Spotify music directly within Discord.
Sharing your Spotify activity on Discord allows you to express your personality, discover new music, and connect with others on a deeper level. Whether you’re jamming to your favorite tunes while gaming, hosting a listening party, or simply looking for opportunities to bond over music, Discord provides a seamless integration with Spotify to make it all possible.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your headphones, fire up Spotify, and let your friends and community members in on your musical journey. Show off your favorite tracks, explore new genres, and create lasting memories through shared listening experiences on Discord. Connect with others over the universal language of music and make your Discord profile truly represent who you are.