YouTube has become one of the most popular platforms for uploading and sharing videos online. With millions of videos available, it’s not uncommon for content creators to delete their videos for various reasons. However, there may be instances where you come across a deleted YouTube video that you desperately want to watch or keep for personal reasons.
In this article, we will explore several methods that can help you download deleted YouTube videos. Whether it’s using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, accessing your YouTube data, recovering from other users’ playlists, or utilizing the ‘Takeout’ feature, we’ve got you covered.
It’s important to note that downloading and sharing copyrighted content without permission is illegal and violates YouTube’s terms of service. Therefore, we highly recommend using these methods for personal use only or for content that has been made available through appropriate channels. Remember to always respect the rights of content creators and obtain their permission if necessary.
Method 1: Using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine
One of the most reliable methods to access deleted YouTube videos is through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. This tool takes periodic snapshots of websites, allowing you to view past versions of a webpage, including videos that may no longer exist.
To use this method, follow these steps:
- Visit the Internet Archive Wayback Machine website (web.archive.org).
- Enter the URL of the deleted YouTube video you want to access in the search box and click “Browse History.”
- The Wayback Machine will display a timeline of snapshots for that URL. Choose a date and time when the video was still available.
- Click on the snapshot for that specific date to see the archived webpage. If the video was present at that time, it should be viewable.
- You can then use screen recording software or other video download tools to record or download the video from the archived page.
It’s important to note that not all deleted videos will be available in the Wayback Machine’s archives. The likelihood of finding a specific deleted video depends on various factors, such as how popular the video was and how frequently it was archived.
If the video you’re looking for is not available in the Wayback Machine, don’t worry. There are other methods you can try, which we’ll explore in the following sections.
Method 2: Utilizing Your YouTube Data
If you have an active YouTube account, you can access your own data, including information about deleted videos. Follow these steps to try and retrieve a deleted YouTube video:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to “YouTube Studio” by clicking on your profile picture and selecting “YouTube Studio” from the drop-down menu.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Settings” and then navigate to the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Scroll down until you find the “Download YouTube Data” section.
- Click on “Create Archive” and wait for YouTube to compile your data.
- Once the archive is ready, you will receive an email notification with a download link.
- Download the archive and extract the contents to access your YouTube data.
- Within the archive, you can locate a folder named “Videos.” In this folder, you may find deleted videos that you previously uploaded to your YouTube channel.
- If the deleted video is present, you can watch it or proceed to download it using screen recording software or other video downloading tools.
It’s important to note that this method only applies to videos deleted from your own YouTube account. If you’re trying to retrieve a video deleted by someone else, you may need to explore alternative methods.
Now that we’ve explored utilizing your YouTube data, let’s move on to another method that can help you download deleted YouTube videos.
Method 3: Recovering Videos from Other Users’ Playlists
Another approach to accessing deleted YouTube videos is by searching for them in other users’ playlists. Sometimes, even if a content creator deletes a video from their channel, it may still be available in someone else’s playlist.
Here’s how you can try to recover deleted videos from other users’ playlists:
- Identify the username or channel of the content creator whose video you want to recover.
- Using a search engine or YouTube’s search function, look for existing playlists created by that user.
- Enter the name of the deleted video or keywords related to it in the playlist search to narrow down your results.
- If you find a playlist that contains the deleted video, click on it to access the playlist and locate the video within it.
- From there, you can watch the video or use third-party tools to download it for offline viewing.
It’s important to note that not all deleted videos will be recoverable through this method. The video must have been added to someone else’s public playlist before it was deleted from the original channel.
If you’re unable to find the deleted video in any playlists, don’t worry. There’s one more method we’ll explore that may help you retrieve deleted YouTube videos.
Method 4: Restoring Deleted Videos Using ‘Takeout’
If you’re unable to find the deleted video through the previous methods, you can try utilizing YouTube’s ‘Takeout’ feature. This feature allows you to download a copy of all the data associated with your YouTube account, including deleted videos.
Here’s how you can restore deleted videos using ‘Takeout’:
- Sign in to your YouTube account and go to ‘YouTube Studio’.
- In the left sidebar, click on ‘Settings’ and then navigate to the ‘Advanced Settings’ tab.
- Scroll down until you find the ‘Download YouTube Data’ section.
- Click on ‘Export Data’ and select the data types you want to include in the export, such as videos, playlists, and comments.
- Click on ‘Next’ and choose the desired export frequency (one-time, every two months, or every month).
- Click on ‘Create Export’ and wait for YouTube to compile your data.
- You will receive an email notification once your export is ready. Follow the instructions in the email to download your exported data.
- Once downloaded, extract the contents of the export and look for the ‘Videos’ folder.
- In this folder, you may find deleted videos that were previously associated with your YouTube account.
- If the deleted video is present, you can either watch it or use screen recording software or other video downloading tools to save a copy of it.
Remember, this method only applies to videos that were previously associated with your YouTube account. It may not work for videos deleted by other users.
By trying these methods, you increase your chances of recovering deleted YouTube videos. However, keep in mind that the availability and success rate of these methods may vary depending on a variety of factors. It’s important to respect the rights of content creators and use these methods responsibly for personal use only.
Although YouTube videos may be deleted for various reasons, there are still ways to access and download them. In this article, we explored several methods to retrieve deleted YouTube videos.
Firstly, we discussed using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, which allows you to view past versions of web pages, including videos that are no longer available. However, not all deleted videos may be accessible through this method.
We also explored utilizing your YouTube data, which can be downloaded through the ‘Takeout’ feature. This method is effective for retrieving deleted videos from your own YouTube account.
Another method we discussed was searching for deleted videos in other users’ playlists. If the video was added to someone else’s public playlist before it was deleted, it may still be accessible in that playlist.
Lastly, we mentioned restoring deleted videos using the ‘Takeout’ feature. This method allows you to download a copy of all the data associated with your YouTube account, including deleted videos.
It’s important to remember that downloading and sharing copyrighted content without permission is illegal and against YouTube’s terms of service. We urge you to use these methods responsibly and respect the rights of content creators.
By trying these methods, you increase your chances of recovering deleted YouTube videos. However, the success rate may vary depending on various factors such as video popularity and archiving frequency. If all else fails, it’s best to reach out to the content creator directly and request access to the deleted video, if possible.
We hope this article has provided you with valuable information and solutions for retrieving deleted YouTube videos. Happy viewing!