A torrent client is usually what people refer to as a program in which file sharing and downloads are typically done. Torrent clients and websites allow their users to gain access to a variety of files in different formats and sizes. They all belong to modern innovations and improvements in the digital world, which has made progress and change even more appealing and substantial. Torrent clients allow a more secure way of transferring and downloading files. They also give users a faster downloading experience. Today, we give these two aspects much focus and attention in this article.
Files of all sorts can now be downloaded in just a few simple clicks through torrenting. Torrent clients are also known to provide various types of content in one package. So if you find yourself in need of such, these programs might just save you the trouble of having to download from different sources.
Having said so, many torrent clients have emerged due to the demands and needs of users. Below is a list of the most popular torrent clients out there that you can rely on:
As previously mentioned, the main concerns of people using torrents are security and a faster file sharing experience. Now, Bitport.io comes with a lot of advantages in terms of security in downloading torrents. The said software is based on a cloud, which means that fast downloads won’t be an issue. The program is also available for Android, iOS, Chromecast, and many more. One does not have to worry about downloading so many required software. Bitport.io allows users to do everything as they operate online. Even the features on its free version easily make this torrent client one of the best.
- Known for its security and encryption measures
- Easy to operate and explore
- Fast downloads
- Online streaming of videos in high resolution
- Works well with a lot of browsers
- Advanced features need to be paid for
qBittorrent is one that has made noise in the torrent client market. The site’s simplicity and user-friendliness allow a lot of people to easily use and take advantage of its features. While this torrent client may be easy to use, it is engineered more for PC users than macOS or Linux system runners. The software’s design makes it incredibly easy for all ages to navigate and acquire their needed files. The software is integrated with a media player, search engine, and IP filtering. These add to the layer of protection users need when file sharing and downloading through magnet links and the like.
- Very easy to use
- Does not take up much system space and can be run while using other applications
- Produces fewer advertisements compared to other torrent clients
- Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux systems
- Fewer plugins and extensions available
One of the most famous torrent clients of today is uTorrent. It’s a software similar to qBittorrent but also possesses some unique features. The torrent program uses around 6MB of RAM when active, but doesn’t add more weight to your device’s processor. uTorrent presents all the essential functions of being a torrent client and provides an effortless way of downloading and sharing files.
- Does not take up much system storage
- Allows one to easily create their torrent files for sharing
- Provides download and file-sharing scheduling
- Has been proven credible
- Supports Windows, Linux, Android, and even Mac
- Advertisements may get in the way
- No built-in search option in the software
Deluge is known to cover a lot of aspects in terms of downloads and file sharing. It is one of the well-known torrent clients that provides the whole package, from efficient magnet links to effective file sharing and downloads. Though it’s a torrent software itself, users are given the option to integrate it in trusted browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. The option to schedule file downloads is also available for this torrent client. It’s easy to use and definitely worth the space in one’s system.
- Has plugins for browsers
- Allows scheduling of torrenting activities
- Compatible for use with Chrome and Firefox
- Software interface is a bit more complicated than others
- Plugins are not as user-friendly
Vuze is a known torrent client that provides free features for all. Having almost the same components as uTorrent, it provides users to save storage space and time for different activities. The only issue with Vuze (formerly known as Azureus) is that it can be a bit demanding at first use. But once set up successfully, it will come off as a great tool for your downloading and file sharing success. It has great magnet links support and a very adequate bandwidth limit as well.
- Offers a variety of plugins to use
- Has great design for magnet links
- Can easily be accessed online
- Has playback features for media files
- Can be used with a wide variety of operating systems
- Takes up more system space
- Advertisements constantly appear from time to time
- Added programs bundled with the main software
- Not available for Android users
BitTorrent acts almost the same as uTorrent as the two programs share the same features. Unlike the latter, BitTorrent takes up less space in a computer system. The two remain similar in terms of usability and interface. BitTorrent also offers a completely free package for its users, a point above other torrenting software that somehow requires payment for a full experience.
- Does not take up much system storage
- User-friendly even for first-time users
- Supports Windows and Mac operating systems
- Not available for Android OS users
- Comes with bundled software
- Advertisements are quite many
Transmission offers an all-in-one package in terms of torrent downloading and file sharing. Although it provides a wide variety of functions, it’s a lightweight software and does not take much of your system’s space. There’s also a minimal need for getting set up, so it’s easy for first-time users to navigate.
- Does not take up much space for macOS users
- Few advertisements
- Provides easy downloading routes
- Provides adequate information on files to be downloaded
- Navigating through the software is too simple and features can become very limited
8) Halite BitTorrent Client
The most common misconception about Halite BitTorrent Client is being an associate software of BitTorrent itself. However, this is not the case. Halite is a completely different software that operates the same way as uTorrent. It has a lightweight system not needing much RAM space in computer systems. It can be used with old and new operating systems, which make it even more user-friendly.
- Does not take up much computer storage
- With minimal functions perfect for no-nonsense users
- Can support different languages
- Has a system that advises which torrents one should prioritize
- Lacks more advanced features compared to other torrent clients
BitComet is another free software available online. It has a built-in antivirus that acts as a security measure for the torrent client. Moreover, its minimal advertisement placements give its users a smoother torrenting experience. However, this software only supports computers that run on Windows and is yet to be available for other operating systems.
- Guaranteed user-friendly
- Allows one to create torrents easily
- Has a clear design for easy navigation
- Has a built-in antivirus
- Shows very limited advertisements
- Does not have any built-in extensions for browsers
- Bandwidth changes cannot be adjusted
- Support for Windows only
FrostWire is a torrent program that allows for a more advanced set of features. It’s known to be available for different operating systems such as Windows, Android, Linux, and of course macOS. Additionally, it’s lightweight and doesn’t take up much storage space and RAM functions. Lastly, its advanced navigation features make it unique and incredibly useful for a lot of torrenting.
- Does not take up much computer storage
- Has a simple navigation design
- Free of advertisements
- Can easily access files either through URLs or magnet links
- Allows file and folder sharing
- Can import multiple torrents at once
- Works with a variety of operating systems
- Additional website search tools or plugins cannot be added
- May install other programs during the start-up process
Selecting the Best Torrent Client
Purpose, capacity, and design are three things a user should consider to properly choose the best torrent client that works for them. Torrent clients come in different forms and can either come off as complicated or very easy to use. Some come only with basic functions and some provide more advanced features. Therefore, one should know the purpose of what torrent client to use. Is it just for downloading files or is it for a more efficient file sharing experience?
The second factor to be considered is the capacity. Perhaps one may have chosen a program they believe will work for them best. But does their computer system have enough space to welcome the software? In some instances, a lack of storage may cause torrent clients to operate slowly.
Lastly is the design. One needs to consider their knowledge in terms of torrenting. A person who has minimal knowledge in operating torrent clients is not advised to download software that has advanced functions as it may confuse.
While it may seem like torrenting gives users the endless capacity to share and acquire files, it’s still not advisable to participate in illegal file-sharing. True enough, these torrent clients and sites aim to provide users the ease of downloading different content online. Still, the act of downloading copyrighted material should not be tolerated and is punishable by law.