Apple TV is a versatile streaming device that allows users to access a wide range of entertainment applications. While it is known for its seamless performance, there may be times when an app becomes unresponsive or starts acting glitchy. In such cases, restarting the app or the entire Apple TV device can often resolve the issue.
In this article, we will explore three different methods to restart apps on Apple TV and bring them back to their optimal functioning state. Whether you are facing freezing issues, slow performance, or any other app-related problems, these methods can help you get your Apple TV back on track and ensure your entertainment experience remains uninterrupted.
First, we’ll look at how to restart apps through the Apple TV settings menu. This method is typically used when an app is unresponsive or becomes laggy. Second, we’ll explore the process of force-closing apps, which is useful when an app is completely frozen and unresponsive. Finally, we’ll discuss restarting the entire Apple TV device, which can resolve more significant app-related issues or general performance problems.
By following these methods, you can effectively troubleshoot app-related problems on your Apple TV, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable streaming experience. So, let’s dive into each method and learn how to restart apps on Apple TV.
Method 1: Restarting through Settings
If you are experiencing issues with a specific app on your Apple TV, restarting it through the settings menu can often resolve the problem. This method allows the app to close properly and restart fresh, eliminating any temporary glitches or bugs that may have been affecting its performance. Follow these steps to restart an app through the settings menu:
- On your Apple TV remote, navigate to the home screen by pressing the Menu button.
- Scroll to the app that you want to restart and highlight it.
- Press and hold down the Touch surface (the area on your remote with a flat surface) until the app starts shaking.
- Once the app starts shaking, press the Play/Pause button on your remote.
- A small window will appear with options. Select Close to exit the app.
- Press the Menu button again to return to the home screen.
- Navigate back to the app you closed and relaunch it. It should now start afresh.
This method is effective for apps that are unresponsive or slow to load. By closing and relaunching the app through the settings menu, you are essentially forcing it to restart, which can often resolve minor performance issues. If the problem persists, you may want to consider the next method of force-closing the app.
Method 2: Force-closing Apps
If an app on your Apple TV becomes completely frozen or unresponsive, force-closing it can often help resolve the issue. This method involves terminating the app and restarting it from scratch, clearing any lingering glitches or bugs. Follow these steps to force-close an app on Apple TV:
- On your Apple TV remote, double-press the Home button.
- This will bring up the app switcher menu, displaying all the currently running apps.
- Using the trackpad, swipe left or right to navigate to the app you want to force-close.
- With the app selected, swipe up on the trackpad to close the app.
- The app will disappear from the app switcher menu, indicating that it has been force-closed.
- Return to the Apple TV home screen by pressing the Menu button.
- Locate the app you force-closed and launch it again.
This method is particularly useful when an app becomes completely unresponsive and does not exit even after using the first method of restarting through settings. By force-closing the app, you are essentially ending its process and starting fresh, which can fix any underlying issues. Keep in mind that force-closing an app should be the last resort, and it is always recommended to try restarting through settings first.
If force-closing the app does not resolve the problem, you may need to consider restarting the entire Apple TV device, which we will explore in the next method.
Method 3: Restarting the Apple TV Device
If you are facing persistent app-related issues or general performance problems on your Apple TV, restarting the entire device can often provide a more comprehensive solution. This method clears the system cache, refreshes the software, and resolves any underlying conflicts that may be affecting the apps. Follow these steps to restart your Apple TV:
- On your Apple TV, go to the home screen by pressing the Menu button on the remote.
- Navigate to the Settings icon and select it.
- In the settings menu, scroll down and select System.
- From the system menu, choose Restart.
- A confirmation prompt will appear. Select Restart to proceed.
- Your Apple TV will now reboot. This process may take a few moments.
Once the Apple TV restarts, it will be ready for use again. This method is effective for resolving more significant app-related issues or when multiple apps are affected. Restarting the entire device can help clear any system-level conflicts and ensure a fresh start for all the installed apps.
It is important to note that restarting the Apple TV device will not delete any apps or settings, so you don’t have to worry about losing any data or personal preferences.
If you have tried all three methods and are still experiencing app-related problems on your Apple TV, it may be worth considering contacting Apple Support for further assistance.
Restarting apps on Apple TV is a simple yet effective way to troubleshoot and resolve various app-related issues. Whether you are experiencing app freezing, slow performance, or unresponsiveness, one of the three methods outlined in this article should help get your apps back on track.
Starting with the first method, restarting an app through the settings menu allows for a clean restart, eliminating temporary glitches and bugs. It is a useful method for addressing minor performance issues.
If an app becomes completely unresponsive, force-closing it through the app switcher menu can often provide a solution. This method terminates the app’s process and gives it a fresh start.
For more stubborn problems, restarting the entire Apple TV device is the third method. This clears the system cache, refreshes the software, and resolves any underlying issues. It is particularly effective for resolving persistent app-related issues or performance problems.
Remember, before resorting to force-closing or restarting the device, try restarting the app through the settings menu first. It is a simpler and less intrusive method that can often do the trick.
By following these three methods, you can ensure a smooth and uninterrupted streaming experience on your Apple TV. However, if the problems persist after trying these methods, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
So, the next time you encounter app-related issues on your Apple TV, don’t worry! Simply follow these steps, and your apps will be up and running smoothly again in no time.