Are you in search of the best CPU cooler for 2023? Look no further because we have compiled a list of the five most amazing top-down CPU coolers that you should consider. These coolers not only provide exceptional cooling performance but also boast innovative features and sleek designs. Whether you are a hardcore gamer or a professional content creator, these coolers will ensure that your system stays cool and performs at its best. Stay tuned to discover the top choices for your CPU cooling needs in 2023.
Overall Score: 8.5/10
The DeepCool AN600 Low Profile CPU Cooler is a high-performance cooling solution designed for mid-level small form-factor systems. With its compact design and minimalism, it offers a short yet powerful CPU cooler that maximizes heat dissipation. It features six copper heat pipes with a raised copper coldplate, providing a cooling capacity of 180w TDP. The slim 120mm PWM enabled-FDB fan utilizes the latest DeepCool motor technology for stable airflow and low noise. The cooler is compatible with different motherboards and offers two installation options for better compatibility. With its excellent aesthetics and cooling performance, the DeepCool AN600 is a great choice for small form-factor builds.
- Compact design for small form-factor systems
- Six 6mm nickel-plated heat pipes for maximum heat dissipation
- Slim 120mm PWM enabled-FDB fan for stable airflow and low noise
- Fan speed of 1850RPM and 61.56CFM airflow
- Compatible with different motherboards and offers two installation options
- Dimension: 4.80Lx4.72Wx2.64H
- Easy installation with sturdy bracket
- Excellent cooling performance
- Solidly made and functional design
- Great aesthetics
- Includes thermal paste
- Not compatible with AMD systems in Fractal Ridge case
- Mounting can be challenging for some users
- May interfere with tall RAM placement
- Not ideal for overclocking
The DeepCool AN600 Low Profile CPU Cooler is a reliable cooling solution for small form-factor systems. With its excellent cooling performance, aesthetic design, and easy installation process, it offers great value for its price. However, it’s important to note that it may not be compatible with all AMD systems and may have limitations when it comes to overclocking. Overall, if you’re looking for a compact and efficient CPU cooler for your small form-factor build, the DeepCool AN600 is worth considering.
Overall Score: 8/10
The Jonsbo CR1400 RGB CPU Air Cooler is a tower-shaped CPU cooler designed for efficient heat transfer and enhanced aesthetics. With its 4 copper heat pipes and 41 inserted fins, this cooler ensures quick heat dissipation and good ventilation. The removable PWM fans are easy to maintain and provide a colorful and visually pleasing experience. Compatible with both Intel and AMD sockets, this cooler is versatile and suitable for various CPU architectures. The black color and luminous top nameplates add to its sleek design. Overall, the Jonsbo CR1400 RGB CPU Air Cooler is an affordable option for users looking to improve their CPU cooling performance and enhance the visual appeal of their system.
- Tower-shape CPU Air Cooler with penetrate-design fins
- 4 copper heat-pipes for efficient heat transfer
- Removable PWM fans for easy maintenance
- Fins bending technology for improved ventilation
- Compatible with Intel and AMD sockets
- Color: Black
- Dimension: 3.66Lx3.07Wx4.96H
- Size: CR1400 Black
- Efficient heat transfer and quick heat dissipation
- Colorful and visually pleasing RGB lighting
- Easy maintenance with removable fans
- Good value for the price
- Limited control over RGB lighting modes
- Fan and plastic cover may have different colors
- May not be suitable for high-end CPUs
The Jonsbo CR1400 RGB CPU Air Cooler offers a balance of performance and aesthetics at an affordable price. With its efficient heat transfer capabilities and visually appealing RGB lighting, it is a suitable choice for users looking to improve their CPU cooling while adding a touch of style to their system. The removable PWM fans make maintenance easy, although the control over RGB lighting modes is limited. The cooler may not be ideal for high-end CPUs, but for lower TDP CPUs, it provides impressive cooling performance. Overall, the Jonsbo CR1400 RGB CPU Air Cooler is a reliable option that delivers on both functionality and aesthetics.
Overall Score: 7.5/10
The ALSEYE W90 CPU Cooler is a temperature displayed CPU cooler designed for small size PC cases. It features a powerful 90mm ARGB lighting fan and a 40mm high-performance heat column inside. With its temperature display function, you can monitor the precise real-time temperature of your CPU using the included software. The ARGB fan not only provides effective heat dissipation but also offers stunning lighting effects. The compact size of the W90 makes it perfect for small-size cases and motherboards. It supports Intel LGA 1700/1200/115X and is compatible with Intel i3-i5 CPUs. However, its TDP of 135W makes it unsuitable for overclocking. Overall, the ALSEYE W90 CPU Cooler is a visually appealing and efficient cooling solution for small PC setups.
- Temperature displayed CPU cooler for small size PC case
- Powerful 90mm ARGB lighting fan
- 40mm high-performance heat column inside
- Small size (10210282mm) suitable for compact cases
- Supports Intel LGA 1700/1200/115X and Intel i3-i5 CPUs
- Dimension: 3.23Lx4.02Wx4.02H
- Temperature display function for precise monitoring
- Visually appealing with stunning lighting effects
- Compact size ideal for small form factor builds
- Easy installation for Intel LGA 1700/1200/115X sockets
- Not suitable for overclocking
- Questionable accuracy of TDP rating
- Software requires manual approval at PC startup
- May run warmer with newer Intel CPUs
The ALSEYE W90 CPU Cooler is a visually appealing and compact cooler that offers efficient cooling for small PC cases. With its temperature display function and stunning ARGB lighting effects, it adds a touch of style to your build. However, it may not be the best choice for overclocking enthusiasts or those with newer Intel CPUs. The software, while functional, requires manual approval on PC startup, which may be a minor inconvenience. Overall, if you are looking for a budget-friendly cooler with decent performance and eye-catching aesthetics, the ALSEYE W90 CPU Cooler is worth considering.
Overall Score: 9/10
The Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 chromax.Black is a low-profile CPU cooler designed for AMD AM4 desktops. With a proven premium heatsink and an all-black design, it blends well with various color schemes and RGB LEDs. Its compact 37mm height allows it to fit comfortably in ultra-compact HTPC and Small Form Factor (SFF) cases, ensuring 100% compatibility with RAM and PCIe on all ITX, Micro-ATX, and ATX AM4 motherboards. The cooler features the award-winning NF-A9x14 slim 92mm fan, which offers optimal cooling performance under load and operates quietly at idle. It comes with high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and a SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on AMD Ryzen CPUs and APUs. Backed by Noctua's reputation for quality and a 6-year warranty, this cooler is a top choice for AMD Ryzen CPUs and APUs with moderate heat load.
- Proven premium heatsink in all-black design
- Only 37mm height fits ultra-compact cases
- Whisper quiet operation with automatic speed control
- Includes high-end thermal paste and easy installation
- 6-year manufacturer's warranty
- Color: Black
- Dimension: 0.91Lx4.49Wx3.62H
- Premium cooling performance
- Compatible with various motherboards
- Quiet operation
- Easy installation
- 6-year warranty
- Mounting system can be tricky
- May struggle with high-end CPUs
The Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 chromax.Black is a top-quality low-profile CPU cooler that excels in compact builds. Its sleek all-black design, exceptional cooling performance, and whisper-quiet operation make it an excellent choice for AMD Ryzen CPUs and APUs with moderate heat load. While installation may require some adjustments and the cooler may struggle with high-end CPUs, the overall performance and backed warranty make it a reliable investment. Whether you’re building a small form factor PC or looking for an upgrade from the stock cooler, the NH-L9a-AM4 chromax.Black delivers on both functionality and aesthetics.
Overall Score: 7.5/10
The Vetroo M2 CPU Cooler is a powerful and aesthetically pleasing cooling solution for your computer. With a 120mm fan, it improves airflow and enhances CPU cooling performance. The black aluminum fins efficiently dissipate heat away from the CPU, while the cowling design allows for faster evacuation of hot air. This CPU cooler is compatible with both Intel and AMD sockets, making it versatile for different systems. The direct contact technology ensures excellent heat dissipation, and the RGB LED ring adds a colorful touch to your setup. Although it may not offer top-tier performance, it is a reliable and affordable option for basic systems.
- Colorful Cooling Solution
- Aesthetic Design
- Improved Aluminum Fins
- Compatible with Intel and AMD Sockets
- Direct Contact Technology
- Color: Black
- Dimension: 5.04Lx5.04Wx2.95H
- Size: M2
- Attractive design
- Good performance for basic systems
- Limited control over RGB lights
- May require rearranging RAM slots for installation
The Vetroo M2 CPU Cooler offers a cost-effective cooling solution with its attractive design and reliable performance. While it may not match high-end coolers in terms of performance, it is more than capable of cooling basic systems effectively. The RGB LED ring adds a colorful touch to any setup, although the lack of customization options is a drawback. Additionally, users may need to rearrange their RAM slots to accommodate the cooler’s size. Overall, the Vetroo M2 CPU Cooler is a solid choice for budget-conscious users looking for an affordable and visually appealing cooling solution.
Top Down CPU Cooler Buyer's Guide
Looking to keep your CPU cool and performing at its best? A top down CPU cooler might be the solution you're seeking. With their unique design, these coolers excel at dissipating heat from your processor and maintaining optimal temperatures. To help you make an informed decision, we've created this buyer's guide filled with essential information and key factors to consider when selecting a top down CPU cooler. So, let's dive straight into it!1. Compatibility:
- Ensure compatibility with your CPU socket, as coolers come in different sizes and mounting mechanisms.
- Verify the CPU cooling requirements (TDP or thermal design power) specified by your processor's manufacturer and choose a cooler that can handle it efficiently.
2. Design and Size:
- Top down CPU coolers come in various designs, from compact low-profile models to larger tower-style coolers. Consider your case size and motherboard layout to determine the suitable height and dimensions.
- Low-profile coolers work well in small form factor (SFF) cases with limited clearance, while larger tower-style coolers offer increased cooling performance but require ample space.
3. Cooling Performance:
- Look for coolers with an efficient heat sink design and high-quality heat pipes. Heat pipes help to transfer heat from the CPU to the heat sink effectively.
- Opt for coolers with a sizable heat sink and a dense array of fins, as they provide more surface area for heat dissipation.
- Consider the fan size and airflow. Larger fans can move more air at lower rpm, resulting in quieter operation, while smaller fans may produce more noise but offer higher static pressure for better cooling in restricted spaces.
4. Noise Level:
- Take into account the noise level generated by the cooler. Look for coolers equipped with quiet fans or those that offer customizable fan speed control.
- Consider coolers with rubber or silicone dampeners to reduce vibrations and minimize noise.
5. Overclocking Capability:
- If you plan to overclock your CPU for increased performance, choose a top down CPU cooler with excellent cooling potential to handle the heightened heat output.
- Look for models that offer compatibility with high-performance thermal compounds for better heat transfer.
6. Ease of Installation:
- Consider coolers with user-friendly mounting mechanisms. Some coolers provide universal mounting brackets or pre-applied thermal paste to simplify installation.
- Check if the cooler's installation process aligns with your technical abilities and the available tools at your disposal.
7. Price and Value:
- Identify your budget range and compare options within it. Determine the value of the cooler based on its features, performance, durability, and warranty.
- Be cautious of extremely cheap coolers, as they may compromise performance or quality. Invest in a trusted brand known for producing reliable cooling solutions.
8. Reviews and Ratings:
- Before making a purchase, read customer reviews and ratings to gain insights into real-world experiences. Look for reviews that mention compatibility, noise level, cooling performance, and installation process.
- Check independent websites, hardware forums, and technology publications for in-depth reviews by experts.
Frequently Asked Questions about 5 Amazing Top Down CPU Cooler For 2023
Top down CPU coolers come in various sizes, so it’s important to consider the dimensions and clearance of your computer case before making a purchase. Compact low-profile coolers are designed for small form factor (SFF) cases, while larger tower-style coolers require ample space.
Ensure compatibility by checking the CPU socket type and supported coolers listed in your motherboard’s specifications. Additionally, verify the thermal design power (TDP) requirements of your CPU to ensure the cooler can handle the heat generated.
Some top down CPU coolers offer good cooling potential and can handle the extra heat generated by overclocking. Look for models with excellent cooling performance and compatibility with high-performance thermal compounds for optimal results.
The ease of installation varies between different coolers. Look for models with user-friendly mounting mechanisms and consider your technical abilities and available tools before making a choice. Some coolers even include universal mounting brackets or pre-applied thermal paste to simplify the installation process.
To ensure a quiet operation, consider coolers equipped with quiet fans or customizable fan speed control. Additionally, look for models that feature rubber or silicone dampeners to reduce vibrations and minimize noise.
While price can often be an indicator of quality, it’s not always the case. Expensive top down CPU coolers may offer additional features and superior performance, but it’s important to find the right balance for your needs and budget. Consider factors such as compatibility, cooling performance, noise level, and reviews when evaluating the value of a cooler.