Search engine optimization (SEO) is widely used by many companies and businesses online to improve the quality as well as traffic to their websites. Beyond using social media management tools, SEO tools are a great investment for businesses. This is where SpyFu comes in.
With SpyFu, digital marketing has never been easier. Let’s take a look at this great tool and see whether it fits your business best.
What Is SpyFu?
SpyFu gives you exclusive access to the ranking stats of any domain, including blogging platforms and other web pages. This cloud-based software has various features to help you create the perfect marketing formula against competitors online.
This SEO tool can help increase the ranking of your site or blog and provide you with the data you need to improve your content using keyword search. Whether you want to see how your competitors ranked yesterday or ten years ago, SpyFu can provide you with that information.
What Can SpyFu Do?
SpyFu features PPC and SEO competitor research that we will go into detail about in the following sections. You will get a step-by-step guide to walk you through the process and the workflows you can follow to get the maximum site traffic.
With a library full of over 200 tutorials, this SEO tool has everything you need to know about every aspect of online media marketing. SpyFu also allows you to search for any domain and every ad variation for the last 14 years for more efficient brand research.
How Does SpyFu Work?
SpyFu’s programs are designed to cater to every need of a competitive online business. SpyFu scours billions of pieces of content online from search engines such as Amazon, Google, and Bing. It then uses specific criteria to evaluate the content that will most likely answer user queries.
The data from platforms like Google SEO is gathered by SpyFu to organize every keyword, organic rank, and ad variation for the last 14 years. This way, you can increase your website traffic and make better connections to build partnerships and generate bigger sales.
SpyFu Subscription Tiers
The SpyFu pricing is affordable enough for all types of clients in the marketing world. No matter what subscription tier you choose, you will still have access to unlimited data gathered by SpyFu.
Unfortunately, there is no free trial for this software. Here are the three subscription options you can choose from:
You can choose a monthly basic plan of $39 per month or an annual plan of $33 per month, which will be billed yearly. The perks you will get include:
- Unlimited search results, data exports, and overview of the domains
- 250 sales leads & domain contacts
- 5,000 weekly tracked keyword rankings
- 10,000 top lists results
The monthly fee for this tier is $79, but if you opt for the annual plan, you can save more by only paying $58 per month, which will be billed yearly.
- Unlimited search results, domain overview (including PDFs), and data exports
- 15,000 weekly tracked keyword rankings
- 500 sales leads & domain contacts
- 10,000 API rows returned
- 50,000 top lists results
- Custom brand reporting for your business
The highest tier for SpyFu is the Team subscription, which costs $299 monthly and $199 for an annual plan. Its perks include:
- Unlimited domain overviews, data exports, and search reports
- 2,000 sales leads & domain contacts
- Massive 75,000 top lists results
- 40,000 weekly tracked free keyword tool rankings
- 10,000 API rows returned
- Custom branded reporting
- 5 user logins for your team members
Accepted Payment Methods
The fees and payment of your SpyFu subscription will be charged to the credit card connected to your account on SpyFu.com. The premium content and services are subject to additional fees and terms and conditions. All fees are non-refundable and will be billed at the beginning of your subscription or any renewal.
If you want to cancel your subscription, you can cancel anytime via email, live chat, or phone. The process is completely hassle-free to boot.
SpyFu App Features
Going deeper into our SpyFu review, we will be talking about the unique features you can avail yourself of with your SpyFu subscription. Learn how to use this tool as leverage against your competitors in the industry.
PPC Competitor Research
This feature allows you to look up content and paid keywords that competitors use, as well as the ad tests that they’ve implemented in the past. This is a great way to make your business grow by avoiding the mistakes made by other companies.
Here are other features you can get using SpyFu’s PPC Competitor Research:
- See what your competitors are making for their contents
- Get insights into the most important keywords in the market related to your brand
- Target the influencers you want to connect with for a partnership
- Track SEO keyword rankings
- View and trace the ranking history of any domain
- Discover the algorithm for your site traffic optimization
SEO Competitor Research
For those aiming to increase their site traffic and attract more customers, SEO keywords are an important factor that you should consider. If you find the right words and content to create, your page will be ranked higher than your competitors, and there is a higher chance of acquiring more customers.
With SpyFu’s SEO Competitor Research, you will enjoy features such as:
- Custom branded SEO client reports
- Social outreach for backlinks, which is ideal for building connections with online influencers
- Complete keyword ranking history
- Tracking of every website in your SEO niche and domain
- Research the SEO keywords of your brand competitors
Keyword Research Tools
Another great feature of the SpyFu app is its comprehensive keyword research tool that yields accurate results more than 90% of the time. You can view the most common search engines used by individuals online and gather your data to create more engaging content.
Many of the SpyFu reviews revolve around Google keywords and how to utilize the data.
- It can easily generate targeted keyword ideas.
- You can paste a list of keywords, and SpyFu will organize them according to the search volume.
- Google ads will give you keyword advice for your brand’s campaign.
- You can enter specific keywords, and their backlinks will be visible to you to help you gain ranking on that keyword domain.
- You can learn from the mistakes and achievements of other brands based on SpyFu’s SEO keywords data.
Domain Leads and Top List
This SpyFu feature allows you to create a custom list of domains. You can also filter your search results based on the industry, location, search traffic, ad spent, and many more. With this feature, you can enjoy over 50 million websites sorted by SpyFu that made it to the list of Top Advertisers in your area.
You can use this feature to your advantage to increase the search traffic to your website and reach more people on social media platforms. SpyFu will also let you have access to the highest CPC and search volume keywords.
SpyFu Pros and Cons
The next section of our SpyFu review will highlight the pros and cons of this platform. This will be based on customer feedback that is posted across various online platforms.
- User-friendly interface
- Creative insights for members
- Ability to handle high volume SEO keyword research demand
- Keeping track of how your competitors are doing
- Tips for future campaigns
- Savings when you avail the SpyFu’s annual subscription plan
- Ability to budget their ad tests efficiently
- Competitive research tools
- Data accuracy needing improvement
- Confusing how to choose the right keywords
- Unwanted emails and ads
- No free trial version
- Not all websites can be tracked
- Limited SpyFu database
- Additional payment for media analytics
- Tricky to set up new projects for newbies
SpyFu vs. Other SEO Tools
To give you more insights about SEO tools and marketing strategies, we have reviewed similar SEO tools to SpyFu. You can also read about SpyFu alternatives if you want to explore your options.
Semrush vs. SpyFu
Like SpyFu, Semrush is another SEO tool that is used by many content creators and companies that are aiming to create more site traffic. While SpyFu is more focused on competitor research, Semrush is known for its keyword research capability that is more superior to SpyFu’s.
Additionally, Semrush has more geodatabases than SpyFu. Therefore, it can give you more data to work with. If you are on a budget, SpyFu will still do just fine and is a more economical option than Semrush. You will still get all the resources for the best possible price.
iSpionage vs. SpyFu
iSpionage has made quite a name among digital marketing agencies lately. This platform is known for providing a comprehensive SEM and SEO research platform. Similar to SpyFu, it also does competitive research and an accurate keyword tracking tool.
What makes iSpionage unique is that it has an AB Testing and a knowledge-based chat support feature that is not available on SpyFu. However, since it has more features, it is expected that the subscription will cost slightly more than SpyFu.
SpyFu vs. Moz
Moz has upgraded its current services into Moz Pro and has been gaining more praise from online users for SEO tools. It can generate great data reports which are easy to analyze, even for beginners in the digital marketing domain.
If you are someone who is on a tight budget but still needs that extra push for your site, Moz Pro is the ideal choice for you. It costs less than SpyFu, but it yields lesser SEO keyword data. However, it is still an SEO tool that is a worthy investment of your money.
Is SpyFu One of the Best SEO Marketing Tools?
SpyFu manages to come out on top when it comes to SEO tools that are not too expensive but still offer premium features to its users. Its interface is easy to use and navigate, while its competitor analysis is also accurate enough to generate more traffic to your brand or website.
There is no doubt that it is one of the best SEO marketing tools ideal for both pros and beginners in the digital marketing field. SpyFu provides excellent tips and service to its clients, and with its organized keyword search process, it will be easier for you to develop engaging content for your audience