As the world rights itself after the pandemic, the streaming and social worlds have begun to settle into a new normal. Gone are the days when watching movies via cable TV was a norm, but that doesn’t diminish the demand for video downloading. Notably, if you wish to watch the video whenever and wherever possible, downloading the video on your computer would be a great option. Then what’s the best video downloader in 2023? And what features to look for in video downloading software? In this blog, we will uncover 8 easy-to-use yet powerful software to download videos on your Windows PC.
Read more: How To Download Instagram Videos
Downloading videos illegally is strictly prohibited and should not be condoned.
If your reading time is limited, here is a summary of our best picks.
Best Video Downloaders For PC In 2023
- VideoProc Converter: Our top 1 pick downloader for PC. Best overall video downloader for Windows and Mac
- Allavsoft: One of the best video downloaders that keep the downloading history.
- Freemake Video Downloader: The best YouTube video downloader for Windows and Mac.
- 4K Video Downloader: The best 4K video downloader for PC
- ByClick Downloader: The best video downloader for Windows
- YTD Downloader: The best video downloader for Mac
- aTube Catcher: The best video downloader for bulk downloading
- QDownloader: The best online video downloader for PC
- For Windows and Mac
VideoProc Converter is an awesome video-downloading software. This downloader also lets you convert, compress, edit, and record videos at a fully accelerated speed.
It enables you to bulk download videos, audio, subtitle, streams, playlists, and channels from 1000+UGC sites in seconds. Additionally, you are allowed to fully control the downloaded output including video size, video quality, and file format.
This software also supports video to mp3/mp4, cut ads, upscales 1080P to 4K, makes a GIF from the video, reduces video noise, and much more.
Price: It offers a Free Version and a Full Version. The free version only commits 10 sites for downloading. If you prefer a full service including video to mp3/mp4, upscale 1080P to 4K, resize video, etc. now it’s the best time to take advantage of VideoProc Converter for 50% off.
- Easy-to-use and beginner friendly
- Powerful download efficiency and support bulk download
- Rich extra features
- High cost-effective for what you get
- The edit toolbox should be expanded
- For Windows and Mac
Allavsoft is another great video-downloading software. Boasting a simple interface, the tool grants lets you download various media files from a wide selection of websites. These websites include YouTube, Twitter, Dailymotion, Facebook, Tumblr, etc., and save them in various formats and resolution sizes. The tool is also great for downloading multiple items or playlists.
Besides, the built-in player of the best video download is another point that you can leverage as it enables you to play media content directly without hopping to other media players to play your downloaded files.
Price: Free trial with a limited number of video downloads; Full version ($29.99 for a one-month license; $49.99 for a one-year license; $99.99 for a lifetime license).
- Keeps your downloading history
- Convert, record, and playback the downloaded files easily
- Support a wide range of media formats
- Outdated user interface
- Generic quality output with no customizable options
- The price is a bit high
Freemake Video Downloader
- For Windows and Mac
Equipped with a simple yet aesthetic interface, the best video downloader for Windows 10 and Mac enables you to grab heavy 4K, and Full HD files fast and easily in bulk and save them to the formats needed. The whole operation procedure is easy to dive in, and apart from the basic functionality, you will find a host of handy extras as you conduct the downloading, like customizing the download speed, downloading via a proxy, disabling adult sites and videos, etc.
The platform comes with a dedicated support service that caters to users for their requests. If you can’t find the answers you’re looking for, simply submit a request form which will be soon responded to via email.
Price: Free version allows less than 3-minute video download; Premium Pack ($39.95 for one-year use, $ 59.95 for lifetime subscription).
- The best YouTube video downloader for Windows and Mac
- Batch downloads up to 500 videos at the same time with an estimated output size
- Great format support
- The downloaded video comes with a huge watermark in the middle
- The free trial allows you to download videos in less than 3 minutes
4K Video Downloader
- For Mac, Windows, Linux, and Android
As the best 4K video downloader for PC, 4K Video Downloader performs just about everything that a video downloader is expected to. Boasting an easy-to-use interface, this software will let you download videos in varying formats and different resolution sizes.
Price: Free version with limitations; Premium version ($10 one-year fee for main features; $15 to access main features for personal use; $45 to unlock all features).
- Smart download mode
- Support 3D and 360° virtual reality video downloading
- Great support for all common formats
- The limited number of downloads with annoying pop-up ads in the free version
- For Windows
Functioning as another best video downloader for Windows, ByClick Downloader enables you to grab any video hosted on popular websites, including but not limited to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Instagram, Twitter, and so forth. It can auto-detect the link you copy and offer the option to download your video in one click. A noteworthy feature of the tool is that it comes with a search function that allows you to perform a quick query and find the desired video.
Price: One-day free trial with limited features; Premium version ($19.99 with unlimited lifetime use).
- Bulk downloads from different websites
- Queue up to 100 videos for scheduled download
- Make a ringtone out of the audio you download
- Built-in converter
- The interface is not good
- No Mac version
- For Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS
YTD Video Downloader is one of the best video downloaders for PC. With a user-friendly interface, the downloader features all of the options that one would expect for software of its kind. It also has some additional features for video conversion.
Price: Free version; Premium plan.
- Download, convert and play videos from various sources
- Pause, resume or cancel the download anytime you want
- Works on PC and mobile devices
- The download speed is not the best
- For Windows
As one of the most reliable media software tools that offer multiple essential features and functions, aTube Catcher allows users to download videos from the likes of YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc. What’s more, it provides a high-quality conversion speed with comprehensive popular formats for compatibility playback, and also included is the ability to create VCDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs from the content you record or download.
Price: Free version; $29.95
- Batch downloading
- DVD burning, converting, and downloading in one go
- Simple and intuitive interface
- The download speed is not as fast as other video downloaders
QDownloader is a reliable video downloader for PC users. This software will let you save videos from a wide range of websites.
Another point that you can leverage is its conversion engine incorporated, which helps convert video from websites to MP4, or MP3 on Mac or PC. In addition, QDownloader has an extension that you can use with your go-to web browser.
- Download videos in the resolution of your liking
- Fast downloads and conversions with no rate limits
- 100% safe & secure
- Pop-up ads
- Internet connection is a must
Comparison Of The Best Video Downloader For PC
|Video Downloader for PC||Platform||Supported file format||Download Source||Features||Price|
|VideoProc Converter||Windows, Mac||Almost al possible videol formats.||1000+ websites.||Download features, file conversion, and various video editing capabilities.||Free/ Full version|
|Allavsoft||Windows, Mac||MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, 3GP, VOB, MP3, FLAC, WAV, OGG, iPhone, Android, PSP, iMovie, Xbox, etc.||YouTube, Spotify, Vimeo, NBC, Medici TV, PBS, BBC, Bing, Yahoo, Metacafe, etc.|| Convert, record and playback the downloaded files easily.
Support a wide range of media formats.
|Freemake Video Downloader||Windows, Mac||WebM, MP4, 3GP, FLV, etc.||YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, DailyMotion, etc.|| Batch- download up to 500 videos at the same time with an estimated output size.
Great format support.
|4K Video Downloader||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android||MP4, MKV, FLV, 3GP, plus more||YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, Facebook, SoundCloud, DailyMotion to name a few|| Smart Mode Feature
In-app Proxy setup
360 degrees videos download.
|ByClick Downloader||Windows||MP4, MKV, FLV, 3GP, etc.||YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, DailyMotion, etc.|| Queue up 100 videos for scheduled download.
Make a ringtone out of the audio you download.
|YTD Downloader||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS||3GP, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP3, MP4, and WMV.||YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe, etc.|| Download, convert and play videos from all major streaming sites.
Pause, resume or cancel the download anytime you want.
|aTube Catcher||Windows||3G2, 3GP, AVI, MP4, MP3, XVID, GIF, MOV,||Facebook, YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo, etc.|| Batch downloading.
DVD burning, converting, and downloading in one go.
Simple and intuitive interface.
|QDownloader||Web-based||MP3, MP4, M4A, and other formats.||YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and many other websites|| Download video in HD, 720p, SD, and many other available resolutions.
Fast downloads and conversions with no rate limits
What Features to Look For in Video Downloader Software
- Video Quality: Most users place a high emphasis on video quality when downloading videos. The downloaded file must have acceptable video quality for a comfortable viewing experience.
- Multiple File Format Compatibility: An ideal video downloader should support a variety of video file formats and devices to better answer users’ various demands, yet the device compatibility for many video downloading platforms is extremely limited.
- Downloading Speed: Any video shall be easily downloaded and converted using the video downloader. And the downloading time should not be significantly influenced by internet access.
- Ease of Use: It can be stressful to use if the downloading program that you have found is not particularly user-friendly, even if it comes with all the functionalities you require.
- Price: It is unlikely to find an all-around video downloader that is available for free. And typically, the program that is higher in price has more features to leverage, but price shall not be the sole criterion when making the decision.
- Subtitle: Even though this feature is less common, subtitles can be incredibly helpful for people who want to watch films with embedded subtitles or in another language.
- Batch Downloading: It is best to hunt for a batch-downloading tool if you want to download multiple videos at the same time or a complete playlist from a YouTube channel.