Pandora is one of the biggest music streaming apps available today. Its unique features set it apart from music streaming apps like Spotify or Amazon Music. Pandora music comes in a radio-type format that compiles songs together, making it easy to find new music that you’ll fall in love with.
While Pandora’s download feature isn’t available on the Free version, this guide has all you need to know about how to download music on the app.
How to Download Music from Pandora Plus/Premium
First, you must download Pandora on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. You can also opt to download it on PC and Mac, though the Pandora site is accessible to browsers. To avail of Pandora Plus or Premium just follow these steps:
- Create an account on Pandora. Once you have the app or site loaded, click Sign Up. It will ask you to provide an email address and password. Once you’ve filled in your details, you can access Pandora.
- Go to Upgrade. On PC and Mac, you can find this button at the top-right corner. It should be right next to your profile icon. On mobile, go to your profile tab on the bottom right. Once on your profile, you can find Upgrade in the top-left corner.
- Pandora will take you to a new page with a preview of the available plans, and choose the plan that suits your needs the best. Note that Pandora Premium has more download options than Pandora Pro: Pandora Pro will only let you download three playlists you listen to the most.
- Choose a song from any playlist you want to download. You can also choose to download a podcast as the service now carries podcasts in their servers since December 2018.
- Click Download. This should appear on the menu bar of the playlist.
You can find your downloads on your Download folder, so just relax with some headphones and jam out to your favorite tunes.
Pandora Plus and Premium don’t just let you download music and podcasts. It also has a few added features that you can’t get on Pandora Free:
- Unlimited skips
- Ad-free streaming
- Unlimited offline listening (for Premium)
- Creating and sharing playlists (for Premium)
Why Listen to Pandora Music?
Enjoy the Music and Podcasts You Love
Pandora’s wide selection of music and podcasts will delight every audiophile. It has a plethora of categories to choose from, so you can find even your most niche tastes on the platform. There are over 29 categories with up to 70 stations per category, ranging from R&B to Jazz. Even classical and pop tunes are available here. You can listen to your favorites wherever and whenever you want.
Find New Sounds
Pandora is also the perfect place to find new things to listen to. It works as a radio, so clicking on one station gives you a ton of sonic options. The best part is that you’ll never know what you could be listening to next. If you find a song you like, you can save it. This, in turn, encourages Pandora to recommend similar music.
One of the best features of Pandora is its detailed playlist info. Once you open a playlist, it will give you a brief description of how they curated it. Pandora will showcase the lyrics at the bottom to improve your listening experience. It also has great customization options, allowing you to choose a playlist based on different things. If you’re tired of your old playlist, be sure to give it a try.
Connecting With Other Music Lovers
Pandora is also a social streaming platform. It will allow you to connect to other listeners and artists. You can follow other accounts and find out what they’re listening to. Find new music and discover on-the-rise artists that will take the world by storm.
Streaming Pandora Music
Finding Music and Podcasts
Pandora has a pretty straightforward interface. You’ll find personalized picks just by clicking on the homepage. On PC and Mac, the first page you see has genres you can browse through. You can also look for your favorite artists to find more playlists that have the same vibe. You can do this by going to the search bar on top (for PC and Mac.) On mobile, you’ll find the Search icon at the middle-right of the menu bar.
Saving to Collections
You can add playlists to your Collections for easier access. Open the app and go to a playlist. On the menu bar, you should see the option to Collect. You can access these playlists and songs on the Collections page. Using the thumbs up and down buttons you see on each song is also handy. It will help Pandora improve its algorithms and recommend better music.