Apps like PayPal and Cash App are some of the most prominent online wallets out there. They’re great for easy money transfers, paying bills, and receiving income from various online sources. However, while these online wallets are easy to use, sometimes managing the cash flow between them can be quite tricky. That’s why many users learn how to send money from PayPal to Cash App to better manage their cash flow. With that said, here’s what you must know about money transfers between these two online giants.
Requirements For Transferring From PayPal To Cash App
Can you send money from PayPal to the Cash App? Yes, you can. There are several methods you can employ. However, making it work will require a few things.
Firstly, you might need a solid bank account to act as a third party in the transaction. That’s because the easiest way to transmit currency from PayPal to Cash App is via a bank account. You’ll need to link this account to both your PayPal and Cash App accounts (more on that later).
Afterward, you can transmit money from PayPal to the bank, then to the Cash App through the bank. However, do note that transactions may take a while to process. That’s especially true if you’re using standard transfers in PayPal instead of instant ones.
If you don’t want to use a bank, you can send money to the Cash App through alternate means. This will require a physical Cash App Card (Visa debit card). You’ll need to order one online and fulfill Cash App’s requirements to get it done. However, it will take some time if you don’t have one on hand yet as it can take 10 days.
Unfortunately, there’s no PayPal key or Cash App key that you can use to send transfers directly between apps. You’ll require at least a debit card to complete the process.
Can You Do It Without Having Both?
No, you cannot transmit currency from PayPal to Cash App without having an account. You’ll need to either have a PayPal account or a Cash App account to manage cash flow between the two.
If you’re paying a third party, we don’t recommend using the steps we’ll outline later because there’s a security risk. After all, it involves entering your bank details, PayPal card details, or Cash App card details.
In this case, we suggest skipping searching how to transfer money from PayPal to the Cash app on Reddit. Simply use PayPal, a credit card, or debit card details to pay the store directly online.
How To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App
PayPal To Cash App Via Bank Account
Is there any way to transfer money from PayPal to my Cash App? If that’s the question you’re asking, then you don’t need to worry. Transferring money from your PayPal to your Cash App is easy. All you need is to link the same bank account to both of your accounts on either service. Afterward, you can use the bank to mediate transmissions between the platforms. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Link PayPal To Your Bank
Can you transfer money from PayPal to your bank account? Yes, you can – and you must do so for this method to work. However, do note that transfers between PayPal to bank accounts can take up to three days. If you need to transmit the cash instantly, it will cost a fee.
Regardless, you’ll need to connect your bank account to PayPal before you can proceed. Just follow this guide to learn how:
- Go to PayPal’s website on a browser
- Hit the “Login” button on the upper-right area
- Input your account details to log in
- Choose the “Transfer Money” option
- Select the kind of transfer you want
- Note: Standard is free and might take three days to process whereas Instant is immediate but charges a fee
- Input your routing number and account number
Afterward, you should be able to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App via your bank. However, do note that some banks charge fees when they’re linked to PayPal accounts. We suggest checking with your bank first.
Step 2: From PayPal To Bank
After linking your bank details, you can now transmit currency from PayPal to your account. The steps are outlined below:
On A Browser
- Sign in to your account at PayPal.com
- Head to “Wallet” at the top section
- Click “Transfer Money” and press “Transfer to your bank”
- Select the bank you want and press “Next”
- Type in the amount then click “Next”
- Click “Transfer Now” after verifying your details
- Open the PayPal app
- Log in using your details
- Go to “My Wallet” and choose “Transfer Money”
- Tap “Transfer to your bank”
- Select the bank you want
- Hit “Next”
- Type in the amount
- Tap “Transfer Now” after verifying your transfer information
Step 3: Connect Cash App To The Bank
To transmit currency from PayPal to Cash App, you’ll need to link the same bank to your Cash App. Doing this is easy, although the app might also charge a fee based on the bank you’re using. As such, we recommend calling your bank first or looking through their website before you link your account. Afterward, simply follow these instructions to link your bank to Cash App:
- Launch Cash App on your phone
- Tap on your profile photo
- Select the “Banking” icon at the lower end of the screen
- Tap “Link Bank” under “Accounts”
- Input your routing number and account number
- Note: this should be the same one you linked to PayPal in step 1
- Hit “OK” on the confirmation message
Step 4: Send Money From Bank To Cash App
Once you’ve linked both apps to your bank account, you can freely transfer money between them via your bank. To transfer the money you got from PayPal to Cash App, simply follow these steps:
- Launch Cash App on your mobile phone
- Hit on the “My Cash” tab at the lower-left
- Select the “Add Cash” button
- Enter the amount
- Hit “Add” at the bottom
- Type in your passcode (or use facial recognition or touch ID)
PayPal To Cash App Via Cash App Card
Transferring money from PayPal to Cash App through a bank is an easy way to manage cash flow. However, it can be a little cumbersome for folks who simply want something more instant without going through third parties. Isn’t there any method how to transfer money from PayPal to the Cash App without a bank account?
Thankfully, there is an alternate way to transmit currency from PayPal to Cash App. However, you’ll need to activate your PayPal and Cash cards to do so. Afterward, you can transfer money between the two debit cards. You can learn how to transmit currency from PayPal to Cash App by following these steps.
Step 1: Order Your Cash App Card
To transmit currency from PayPal to Cash App, you’ll need to have an activated Cash App Card. If you possess a card, you can proceed directly to step two. However, if you don’t own one, you’ll need to order one online before you can proceed. Then follow these steps:
- Open Cash App
- Click on your account and the Cash Card icon at the bottom
- Tap “Order”
- Choose your preferred personalization options (these include the card’s color and the “$Cashtag” print)
- Input your contact address
- Note: make sure this is the address you want your debit card to be delivered to
- Type your required details
- Click “Submit”
Now all you need to do is wait about 10 days until the company delivers your debit card to you.
Step 2: Activate Your Cash App Card
- Open Cash App
- Choose the Cash Card icon below
- Select “Activate Cash Card”
- Scan the QR code
- Note: you can click “Missing QR code” and follow the instructions if the QR code doesn’t appear
Step 3: Get Your Routing Number And Card Number
After activation, you can get your routing number and card number from Cash App. Simply follow these steps:
- Launch Cash App
- Click the “My Cash” icon at the lower-end
- Select “Cash” and choose “Direct Deposit”
- Tap “Get Account Number”
- Hit “Enable Account”
- Write down your bank account number and routing number on a piece of paper
Step 4: Link PayPal To Cash App
Think of this as adding your Cash App card’s details as a bank within PayPal. The steps will be familiar if you’ve linked your bank account to PayPal before. However, if you’re unsure, just follow these instructions:
- Go to PayPal’s website
- Input your login details to sign in
- Select “Settings”
- Hit “Money, Banks, and Cards”
- Choose “Link a New Bank Account”
- Type in your Cash App Card numbers (routing and bank account)
Step 5: From PayPal To Cash App
Afterward, it’s only a matter of transferring money from PayPal to your Cash App Card as a bank. Here’s how:
On A Browser
- Open the PayPal website
- Enter your account information
- Choose “Transfer Money” on the left
- Select the transfer speed
- Note: Standard transfer can take three days while Instant transfer is immediate, but will cost a fee
- Input your Cash App card numbers
- Type the amount
- Click “OK”
- Launch the PayPal app
- Select “PayPal Balance”
- Hit “Withdraw Funds”
- Select Cash App as the bank
- Tap “Next”
- Enter the amount
- Click “Continue” and confirm
How To Transfer Money From Cash App To PayPal
Is there a method to transmit currency in the reverse? Thankfully, the process is almost the same. There are two methods and we’ll cover both here.
Cash App To PayPal Via Bank Account
All you have to do is follow the steps we provided to link the same bank account to both apps. You can revisit the process in the previous sections then come back here. Afterward, simply transmit currency from Cash App to the bank and transfer that amount from your bank to PayPal. Here’s how:
- Open Cash App
- Click the “Balance” tab on the home page
- Choose “Cash Out”
- Enter the amount you want and hit “Cash Out”
- Choose between standard or instant transfers
- Note: the first option can take up to three business days while the latter costs a fee but is immediate
- Confirm the transaction using Touch ID or by entering your PIN
Afterward, you can transfer the money from your bank to PayPal by following these instructions:
- Open PayPal
- Click “Wallet”
- Select “Transfer Money”
- Choose “Add money to your balance”
- Select the same bank account you linked to Cash App
- Type in the amount
- Click “Add”
Cash App To PayPal Via PayPal Cash Card
If you don’t possess a bank account, you may go the PayPal Cash Card route. The process is similar to the one we outlined in the PayPal to Cash App step-by-step guide. However, instead of using Cash App’s physical debit card, you’ll be using PayPal’s debit card. Here’s how.
Step 1: Obtain A PayPal Cash Card
PayPal also offers a physical cash card you can use to link to your Cash App account. If you possess one currently, you can head straight to step two. Otherwise, you can order one through this step-by-step process:
- Go to PayPal’s Cash Card page
- Tap the blue “Get the Card” button
- Click “More”
- Select “Order PayPal Cash Card”
- Enter your contact address for the delivery
Note that this process requires an upgraded PayPal account. Moreover, after following the steps, you can only receive your card within a week to 10 days. Once you receive the card, you can proceed to step two.
Step 2: Activate Your PayPal Cash Card
To transmit currency from PayPal to Cash App, you’ll need to activate your PayPal Cash Card first. Simply follow these steps to finish the process:
On A Browser
- Open PayPal’s activation page
- Sign in to your account by entering your credentials
- Hit “Activate Card”
- Note: you might have to enter your social security number and birthday to complete the process
- Open PayPal
- Press “Wallet”
- Choose your “PayPal Debit Card”
- Input the information they ask for
- Select “Activate Card”
Alternatively, you can also call PayPal’s hotline to activate your PayPal card. It’s accessible all 24 hours of the day so you can call any time. Just dial 1-800-314-8298.
Step 3: Find Your Routing Number And Card Number
Like the previous method, you’ll need the routing number and card number tied to your PayPal Cash Card. Here’s what you must do:
- Open PayPal’s website
- Sign in to your account via your login details
- Choose ”Settings” at the right part of the screen
- Select “Set Up Or View Direct Deposit”
- Write down the routing number and account number on a piece of paper
Step 4: Connect PayPal Card To Cash App
Finally, it’s time to link PayPal To Cash App via the numbers you just obtained. Just follow these steps to complete this:
- Open Cash App
- Sign in to your account by typing in your account details
- Tap “Settings”
- Choose “Add Bank”
- Enter your PayPal card details, account number, and routing number
- Click “OK” to confirm your action
Step 5: Transmit Currency From Cash App To PayPal
- Launch the Cash App
- Hit the “Balance” tab
- Press “Cash Out”
- Type in the amount you desire
- Choose between a standard (duration is up to three business days) or instant transfer (rates may apply)
- Input your Cash App PIN or confirm the transaction using Touch ID
How To Send Bitcoin From PayPal To Cash App
Are you interested in sending Bitcoin from PayPal to the Cash App? Unfortunately, while PayPal has recently allowed the buying, selling, and holding of Bitcoin, it doesn’t allow withdrawals. Hence, you can’t transfer your Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies from PayPal to Cash App. It’s also not allowed regardless of the online wallet you use.
Perhaps the only way you can transfer your Bitcoin from PayPal to Cash App is by transferring your earnings. If you manage to earn a profit, you can sell the Bitcoin you have and turn it into dollars. Afterward, just send the money from PayPal to Cash App through the means we’ve listed above.
What To Do If Transaction Is Denied?
Is your PayPal transfer to Cash App denied? Don’t worry. Usually, denied withdrawals to bank accounts (whether it’s a third-party bank or your Cash App card) aren’t a big deal. That’s because, most of the time, the only problem is you might have entered the wrong information. You could have mistyped your routing or card number while you were making the transaction.
Other times, the problem lies with mismatched information. This is because the name on your PayPal account should be the same as the one on your bank account. If the names don’t match, chances are no transfer to the bank will push through.
However, if there’s no problem with the information you entered, then we recommend re-linking your bank account. Doing this might refresh all of the information and prevent future transaction failures. Finally, you can also track your withdrawal if it’s been over two weeks since you transacted. This way, you can more easily see whether or not your withdrawal is truly denied or simply delayed.
Why Send Currency From PayPal To Cash App?
Maybe you’re asking, “why would I send money from my PayPal to the Cash App?” Choosing to transmit currency from both platforms has several purposes for different people. One of the most prominent reasons is that many people receive income or online payments through PayPal. For example, if you run a Patreon account or are a freelancer, chances are PayPal is where clients deposit payments.
Now, many people do leave their money with PayPal to keep it secure. However, many more prefer to deposit the money they’ve earned in the bank. Some will also send currency from both platforms to transact with partner stores and establishments.
Apart from this, you might simply want to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App just to increase your balance. After all, if you use the Cash App a lot, it’s important to keep its balance at a sufficient amount. It’s the best course of action for emergencies or when you want to go cashless.
Pros And Cons
There are several ups and downs to transmitting currency from PayPal to Cash App. Firstly, it’s a great chance to boost Cash App’s balance when you’re running out. If there’s not enough in the bank or other wallets, PayPal might be a great choice.
In addition, doing so will eliminate the need to run outside and physically deposit to your account. You don’t need to go out and head to the closest Walmart, 7-Eleven, or Walgreens just to add more money.
On the other hand, many disadvantages also come along with the process. For example, it takes three business days for PayPal to transfer money to your bank if you’re using the bank route.
Hence, there will be a delay before you can send currency from your bank account to the Cash App. If you opt for an instant transfer, you’ll run into fees that you could have avoided otherwise.
In addition, there are many workarounds you need to get through to transfer money from these platforms. You’ll need to link a third-party bank to both apps. If you avoid the bank route altogether, you’ll need to get either a Cash App card or a PayPal card.
Either way, you need some sort of card number to even make transfers between the two. Therefore, it can take up a lot of your time if the right connections aren’t set up yet.
Transfer Money From PayPal To Your Cash App Account Today!
Direct transfers from PayPal to Cash App are impossible as of the moment. Thankfully, however, there are workarounds you can use to get around the problem. Your bank account can easily transmit currency between both accounts. Alternatively, you can use your PayPal card or Cash App card to do the same. While there’s no direct way to manage your cash flow between apps, it’s still possible with a bank or card.