If you are thinking about upgrading your home security system, you’ll need to start with your front door. You need to move ahead of that deadbolt that you installed decades ago! Welcome to the era of smart locks that give you much more control and safety. It gets even better. With smart locks, you can now track who enters or leaves your home. Furthermore, you can even allow access to friends remotely via digital keys!
So, if you are convinced enough to start the search for a smart lock, let us introduce you to one of the best brands in the market — the August Smart Door Lock.
About August Home
August Home is a home automation company based in San Francisco that specializes in WiFi-connected door locks. The company also deals in smart doorbells. August Lock is one of the biggest names in the smart locks market.
The brand serves with the mission of making its customer’s lives more convenient and secure. They offer unmatched visibility and control to their customers over their front door from wherever there are. The brand believes that ‘a smart home starts at the front door!
Benefits Of Using An August Smart Lock
- Auto-lock and auto-unlock feature: eliminate the need to carry a set of keys when you’re outdoors.
- DoorSense technology: lock, unlock or monitor your front door from practically anywhere
- Excellent connectivity: controls the door using Bluetooth, GPS, and WiFi, along with the August mobile app.
- Integrates with AI virtual assistants: syncs with Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant which means you can use voice commands.
- Works with other security systems: Can be connected to Nest, HomeAway, Airbnb, and other security systems, thanks to Z-Wave Plus.
August Smart Lock Product Range
1. August Smart Lock Pro
The brand August has always believed that a smart home starts at the front door. And the August Smart Lock Pro is a testament to their motto. There is so much that you can do with this one! Use the August App to lock or unlock the door from wherever you are. In addition, you can keep a watch on your front door grant secure access to friends and family remotely.
August Smart Lock Pro Features
- Compatible with most of the AI assistants such as the Amazon Alexa, Siri or Google Assistant
- Auto-lock and auto-unlock feature locks and unlocks the door automatically when you leave and arrive respectively.
- Able to be integrated with the various home security systems, thanks to the Z-wave plus wireless technology.
- Security features include two-factor authentication, two-layer encryption and the lost phone feature that will disable the August App if you lose your smartphone.
Who Should Invest In An August Smart Lock Pro?
The August Smart Lock Pro is a sound choice if you are often away from home or work long hours.
2. August Smart Lock
The August Smart Lock is the first model from the August brand. It has fewer features and is cheaper when compared to the latest August Smart Lock Pro. The unit requires Connect Bridge to be integrated with virtual assistants such as Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa. Moreover, the Z-Wave Plus support system isn’t present in the August Smart Lock.
August Smart Lock Features
- Lock and unlock feature to allow user to give remote access to friends and family remotely.
- August mobile app allows you to keep track of who comes in and who goes out.
- Can be used with any existing door lock. You can continue to use your old keys along with your smartphone to enter your home.
- The August Lock is also Apple HomeKit enabled so you can use voice control to control the smart lock.
Who Should Invest In An August Smart Lock?
The August Smart Lock would make an excellent selection for you if you need to give access to the right people remotely.
Final Thoughts On August Smart Locks
So, if you are one of those who do not believe in leaving the keys under the doormat or are never sure of whether they locked the door or not, an August Smart Lock is the perfect smart device for you! If you are still hesitant about replacing your traditional lock, remember there are a few models that let you hang on to your older deadbolt, while letting you enjoy the features of a smart lock.