Welcome to this guide on how to download Pokemon Transporter! If you’re a Pokemon fan and you’ve been eagerly waiting to transfer your Pokemon from previous generations to newer games, then you’re in the right place. Pokemon Transporter is a powerful tool that allows you to move your beloved Pokemon from select older games into the Pokemon Bank, which you can then use to transfer them to newer Pokemon games.
Pokemon Transporter is a tool that was developed by the Pokemon Company and Nintendo to make it easier for players to bring their favorite Pokemon with them on their Pokemon adventures. It is a companion app to Pokemon Bank, which is a cloud-based storage system that allows you to store and manage your Pokemon collection. With Pokemon Transporter, you can transfer Pokemon from the Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2, and Pokemon White 2 games into Pokemon Bank.
By using Pokemon Transporter, you can preserve your valuable Pokemon and bring them forward to newer games like Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, Pokemon Ultra Sun, and Pokemon Ultra Moon. It’s a great way to continue your Pokemon journey with your favorite team members or to bring back nostalgic classics that you grew attached to in previous games.
Before we dive into the details of how to download Pokemon Transporter, let’s take a look at the system requirements to ensure compatibility with your device.
What is Pokemon Transporter?
Pokemon Transporter is a special application developed by the Pokemon Company and Nintendo. It is designed to work in conjunction with Pokemon Bank, which is a cloud storage system for Pokemon. Pokemon Transporter allows players to transfer Pokemon from select older games into Pokemon Bank, which can then be moved to newer Pokemon games.
With Pokemon Transporter, you can transfer Pokemon from the Nintendo DS games Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2, and Pokemon White 2. These games were released between 2010 and 2012 and are considered fourth and fifth generation Pokemon games. The transfer process is seamless, allowing you to safely move your Pokemon forward in your Pokemon journey.
When you transfer your Pokemon using Pokemon Transporter, they will be stored in Pokemon Bank. Pokemon Bank acts as a Pokemon storage system, allowing you to keep your Pokemon safe and accessible across multiple games. It gives you the flexibility to transfer your Pokemon to various games within the Pokemon series and ensures they won’t be lost or left behind.
One of the main benefits of using Pokemon Transporter is that it allows you to preserve your Pokemon from older games and continue using them in newer games. This is particularly useful if you’ve spent a lot of time training and creating a bond with your Pokemon. It’s a way to carry forward the memories and achievements you’ve made with your virtual friends.
It’s important to note that not all Pokemon can be transferred using Pokemon Transporter. There are certain restrictions and limitations based on compatibility between the generations of games. Additionally, some features or abilities specific to newer games may not be available when using Pokemon Transporter to transfer older Pokemon. However, the vast majority of Pokemon can be brought forward successfully.
Now that you understand the purpose and capabilities of Pokemon Transporter, let’s move on to the next section where we will discuss the system requirements for downloading and using this application.
Before you can download and use Pokemon Transporter, it’s important to ensure that your device meets the necessary system requirements. These requirements are important to ensure the smooth functioning of the application and to avoid any compatibility issues.
Here are the system requirements for Pokemon Transporter:
- A Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system
- A compatible game cartridge of Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2, or Pokemon White 2 inserted into the game slot of your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS
- An active internet connection to download and access the Pokemon Transporter application
- A valid Nintendo Network ID, which is used to access the Nintendo eShop to download Pokemon Transporter
- Sufficient storage space on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system to install and run the Pokemon Transporter application
It’s important to note that Pokemon Transporter is only compatible with the aforementioned Nintendo DS games: Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2, and Pokemon White 2. If you don’t have any of these games, you won’t be able to use Pokemon Transporter to transfer Pokemon to Pokemon Bank.
Additionally, keep in mind that Pokemon Transporter requires an internet connection to download and access the application. Make sure your device is connected to the internet before proceeding with the download and setup process.
If your device meets all the system requirements, you can proceed with the steps outlined in the following sections to download Pokemon Transporter and transfer your Pokemon to Pokemon Bank. It’s an exciting opportunity to continue your Pokemon journey and bring your beloved Pokemon from older games to newer ones.
Step 1: Downloading Pokemon Bank
The first step in using Pokemon Transporter is to download and install Pokemon Bank, as Pokemon Transporter is a companion application to Pokemon Bank. Pokemon Bank is a cloud-based storage service developed by the Pokemon Company and Nintendo that allows you to store, organize, and manage your Pokemon collection.
Here’s how you can download Pokemon Bank:
- Make sure your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS is connected to the internet.
- On your device’s home menu, select the Nintendo eShop icon.
- Once inside the eShop, use the search function to find Pokemon Bank.
- Select the Pokemon Bank application from the search results.
- Click on the “Download” or “Install” button to begin the download process.
- Wait for the download to complete, and then select the Pokemon Bank icon on your home menu to launch the application.
If you already have Pokemon Bank installed on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS, ensure that you have the latest version updated. This ensures compatibility with Pokemon Transporter.
Once you have successfully downloaded and installed Pokemon Bank, you can proceed to the next step to set up and prepare the application for transferring your Pokemon using Pokemon Transporter.
Note: Pokemon Bank may require a small annual fee to access its features. The fee allows for the maintenance and support of the cloud storage system. Make sure you have a valid payment method associated with your Nintendo eShop account to cover the subscription fee if applicable.
Step 2: Setting Up Pokemon Bank
After downloading Pokemon Bank, the next step is to set it up and prepare it for transferring your Pokemon using Pokemon Transporter. Follow these steps to get started:
- Launch the Pokemon Bank application from your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS home menu.
- You will be prompted to log in with your Nintendo Network ID. If you don’t have one, you will need to create a new Nintendo Network ID to proceed.
- If you already have a Nintendo Network ID, enter your login credentials and select “Sign In.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to agree to the terms and conditions of using Pokemon Bank.
- Next, you will be asked to set a “Pass Phrase.” This is a security measure to protect your Pokemon Bank account. Choose a unique and memorable phrase that you can easily remember.
- Once your pass phrase is entered, select “Confirm” to proceed.
After completing these steps, you will have successfully set up Pokemon Bank on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS. You will now be able to access the features and functionalities of Pokemon Bank, including the ability to transfer Pokemon using Pokemon Transporter.
It is recommended to explore the features of Pokemon Bank and familiarize yourself with its interface. You can organize your Pokemon collection, search for specific Pokemon, and even create multiple storage boxes to keep your Pokemon organized.
Now that Pokemon Bank is set up and ready to go, let’s move on to the next step, which involves using Pokemon Transporter to transfer your Pokemon from older games to Pokemon Bank.
Step 3: Transferring Pokemon
With Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter set up, you’re now ready to transfer your Pokemon from select older games to Pokemon Bank. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Open the Pokemon Transporter application from your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS home menu.
- Ensure that the Nintendo DS game cartridge of either Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2, or Pokemon White 2 is inserted into your device.
- On the Pokemon Transporter main screen, select “Use Pokemon Transporter.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the transferring process.
- Pokemon Transporter will scan your Nintendo DS game cartridge and detect any eligible Pokemon from the game.
- Select the specific Pokemon you want to transfer from the compatible game cartridge to Pokemon Bank.
- Confirm the transfer and wait for Pokemon Transporter to complete the transfer process.
- Once the transfer is successful, the transferred Pokemon will be stored in your Pokemon Bank storage system.
It is important to note that when transferring Pokemon using Pokemon Transporter, certain restrictions and limitations may apply. For example, some Pokemon may not be eligible for transfer if they have items attached to them or if they have been altered using unofficial means. Additionally, any held items or mail attached to transferred Pokemon will not be included in the transfer.
It is also worth mentioning that Pokemon transferred from the older games to Pokemon Bank cannot be directly transferred to the newer games. The next step would be to access Pokemon Bank on a compatible newer game, such as Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, Pokemon Ultra Sun, or Pokemon Ultra Moon, and transfer the Pokemon from Pokemon Bank into the desired game.
By following these steps, you can successfully transfer your cherished Pokemon from select older games into Pokemon Bank, ensuring they are safe and accessible for future Pokemon adventures.
While using Pokemon Transporter, you might encounter some issues or difficulties. Don’t worry; here are some common troubleshooting tips to help you resolve these problems:
- Ensure your internet connection is stable: A stable internet connection is crucial for downloading Pokemon Bank, accessing Pokemon Transporter, and transferring your Pokemon. If you’re experiencing connectivity issues, try resetting your router or connecting to a different network.
- Check for system updates: Make sure your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system is running the latest firmware. System updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that can resolve compatibility issues.
- Verify that your game cartridge is inserted correctly: If Pokemon Transporter is not detecting your game cartridge, try removing it and reinserting it properly. Ensure that it is clean and free from any dirt or debris.
- Check for game and application updates: Occasionally, updates are released for Pokemon Transporter and Pokemon Bank to address known issues or improve functionality. Make sure both applications are up to date by accessing the Nintendo eShop and checking for updates.
- Restart your console: If you’re experiencing unexpected errors or freezes, try restarting your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system. This can help clear any temporary glitches and restore normal operation.
- Contact customer support: If you’ve exhausted all troubleshooting steps and are still encountering problems, it’s best to reach out to customer support for assistance. The official Pokemon website or Nintendo’s customer support channels are reliable sources to seek help.
Remember, each situation can be unique, so be sure to read any error messages or prompts that you encounter and follow any instructions provided. Troubleshooting tips provided here are general suggestions, and specific troubleshooting steps may vary depending on the issue you are facing.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you should be able to overcome common challenges and enjoy a smooth experience with Pokemon Transporter and Pokemon Bank.
Congratulations! You have reached the end of this guide on how to download and use Pokemon Transporter. This powerful application, in conjunction with Pokemon Bank, allows you to transfer cherished Pokemon from select older games to newer ones, preserving your beloved team members and continuing your Pokemon journey.
In this guide, we covered the basics of Pokemon Transporter, including what it is and how it works. We also discussed the system requirements to ensure compatibility with your device, the steps to download and set up Pokemon Bank, and the process of transferring Pokemon using Pokemon Transporter. Additionally, we provided troubleshooting tips to help you overcome any issues you may encounter along the way.
Using Pokemon Transporter opens up a world of possibilities for your Pokemon collection. You can bring your favorite characters from older games into new adventures, relive cherished memories, and continue building your dream team. Just remember to consult the official Pokemon and Nintendo resources for the latest information, updates, and support regarding Pokemon Transporter and Pokemon Bank.
Now that you have all the information needed, it’s time to dive into the Pokemon world and embark on new adventures with your transferred Pokemon. Have fun exploring new regions, engaging in battles, and creating unforgettable memories with your beloved Pokemon!