Everyone wants to level up, both in life and in games. Ever since the release of the enhanced remake of Pokemon Fire Red, players and Pokemon trainers around the world have been itching to be the best in the game. And while you can accomplish that in time and hard work, you can also do it with shortcuts. That said, these cheat codes and walkthroughs are here to give you an upper hand to advance slightly faster than the others.
Here are all the Pokemon Fire Red cheats you need!
What Is Pokemon Fire Red?
Big Pokemon fans know what Pókemon Go is, while Pokemon Fire Red is rather a more obscure video game. Though it might be familiar to some of you, for those who are unfamiliar with it, Pokemon Fire Red is an enhanced remake of the 1996 game, Pokemon Red. The game was developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokemon Company. It is compatible with the Game Boy Advance console.
Pokemon Fire Red belongs to the third generation of Pokemon video games, along with Pokemon Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, and Leaf Green. It gained positive reviews from critics upon its release and sold a total of 12 million copies worldwide, making it a veritable commercial hit.
Given that the game was released way back in 2004, Pokemon Fire Red is fairly old. While some still play it on their Game Boy Advance, others do not have access to this handheld console anymore. Thankfully, there are GBA emulators available for your computer. You can even play the game on your Android device with the help of the My Boy emulator. From there, you can play Pokemon Fire Red with ease.
Upgrade Your Pokedex
The first of the Pokemon Fire Red cheats you should know about is how to upgrade your Pokedex. While not exactly a straight-up cheat, upgrading your Pokedex is more of a Pokemon Fire Red walkthrough.
To do this, you must have already collected at least 60 Pokemon. Additionally, you must have completed the story by this time. After doing so, head to the Professor in Pallet Town to get your hands on the National Pokedex. With this, you can visit new locations and now can evolve your Pokemon (like Golett evolution) into more advanced forms.
Upgrade Your Trainer Cards
Aside from your Pokedex, another one of the Pokemon Fire Red cheats you can use is to upgrade your trainer cards. The best part about this cheat is that you can do it up to a maximum of four times. All you need to do is complete the following tasks in any order you choose:
- Finish the main story of Pokemon Fire Red
- Get a score of 200 in the mini-games, Pokemon Jump, and Dodrio Berry Picking
- Catch all the Pokemon to complete the Kanto Pokedex (150 Pokemon)
- Complete the National Pokedex, except for Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, and Deoxys
Find Secret Items in These Locations
After obtaining the Itemfinder in the game, you can gain access to previous locations. You now can revisit locations where characters stood before. From here, you can discover rare and secret items in the game. It will not work, though, if you only stand a few inches from or just near the place where the characters previously stood. You must stand at the same spot so that the Itemfinder will locate the secret items.
Here are the items you can uncover at their corresponding locations:
- Sacred Ash – you can find this at Navel Rock (Ho-Oh’s previous location)
- Leftovers – you can find these near the Cycling Road and Silence Bridge (Snorlax’s previous location)
- Soothe Bell – you can find this in the Pokemon Tower (Mr. Fuji’s previous location)
- Macho Brace – you can find this in the Viridian Gym (Giovanni’s previous location)
Find the Glitch in the Safari Zone
Perhaps the most annoying part of catching Pokemon in the Safari Zone is the time limit. You only have a fixed amount of time to do everything you want to do. However, thanks to one of the Pokemon Fire Red cheats, you can stop the timer in its tracks.
To do this, you must stand in a grassy spot in the Safari Zone. Then, lightly tap left and right so that your character changes directions but does not move in the process. Just do this multiple times until you come across wild Pokemon. This time, though, the timer will not continue ticking.
Get Max Stats for Pokemon
Your Pokemon have different stat levels, which means you cannot make the most out of every one of them in every scenario. However, there is a way to increase the stat levels of all your Pokemon in your party, though you will need to do it one by one. This is especially ideal if you only wish to max out the stat level of a handful of your Pokemon and not necessarily all of them.
Here are the codes you can use:
|Pokemon 1||420242DA 03E7
|Pokemon 2||4202433E 03E7
|Pokemon 3||420243A2 03E7
|Pokemon 4||42024406 03E7
|Pokemon 5||4202446A 03E7
|Pokemon 6||420244CE 03E7
GameShark and Action Replay Cheat Codes
While cheats are limited on the Game Boy Advance, you can access more of them with the use of GameShark and Action Replay accessories.
Here are the GameShark codes and Action Replay codes you can use:
|Fire Red Rare Candy Cheat||82025840 0044|
|Get all badges||8202658C FFFF|
|Unlimited cash||82025838 104E
|Unlimited PP||42023C08 6363
|Unlimited items||42025C96 0063
|Faster leveling||72024A64 0001
|No random battles||A202166E FF00
|Get the National Pokedex||3202461F 00B9
|Get all Pókeballs||420259D8 0001
|Complete the Pokedex||4202462C FFFF
Cheats Using an Emulator
If you are playing Pokemon Fire Red on a desktop or laptop, that does not mean you have no access to these Pokemon Fire Red cheats. On the contrary, with the help of a GBA emulator, you can use the GameShark and Action Replay codes as well. There are two main ways you can do this: using the Visual Boy Advance and using My Boy for Android. Let us break down the instructions one by one.
Visual Boy Advance
To use the GameShark codes on your GBA emulator using Visual Boy Advance, follow these steps:
- Open the Visual Boy Advance emulator
- Go to File > Open, and then select the Pokemon Red ROM
- Wait for the game to start
- In the game, before pressing start, select Cheat > Cheat list from the Visual Boy Advance menu
- Choose GameShark
- Enter the code for the cheat you wish to complete and then select OK
- If you want to enter more than one code, you will need to repeat the previous two steps
- After entering all the codes you want, select OK again
- Now you can play the game with the cheats on
My Boy (Android)
On the other hand, if you are playing the game on mobile using your Android device, do not worry. With the My Boy emulator, you can also make use of the GameShark and Action Replay Pokemon Fire Red cheats. Simply follow the steps listed below:
- Launch the My Boy app
- Load your Pokemon Fire Red ROM
- From the top-left corner of the screen, tap the My Boy menu icon
- Select Cheats > New cheat
- Tap Cheat name to enter the name of the cheat (you can use any name or description here to identify which cheat this is, for example, Faster leveling)
- Select Cheat code, enter the code, and tap OK
- From the top-right corner of the screen, tap the three-dot icon and then select Save
- To add more cheats, simply tap the add (plus) button again
- You will notice a checkmark on each cheat — that means they are enabled (you can choose which cheats to enable by tapping on them individually)
- Tap the Back button on your mobile device and you can now play the game on Android with the cheats on
Just like in life, walking from one place to another can be a bother in the game. Luckily, there are Pokemon Fire Red cheats for that, too. You can make use of warp codes to instantaneously teleport you to the location you wish to go to. All you need to do is input one of the codes listed below and then go through the nearest door or entrance you can find. Of course, just remember to disable the code after you teleport so that you do not circle back around to the same location each time you walk through a door.
|Unlock all fly-to areas||42026592 FFFF
Trading pokemon is just another satisfying aspect of playing Pokemon games. However, do you ever wish you could trade Pokemon in between games and not just in Pokemon Fire Red alone? Well, the good news is, there is a way you can do that!
Between Versions (Ruby and Sapphire)
By default, you can trade pokemon with other Generation III Pokemon games like Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Leaf Green. However, when it comes to trading with Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire, you will need to accomplish some tasks first.
To trade with Ruby and Sapphire, you must finish the main story and upgrade your Pokedex (luckily, there is a cheat for that). Then, head to the One Island Pokemon Center and pay a visit to Celio. He requires help fixing the Network Machine, which will enable you to trade with Ruby and Sapphire. Lend him a hand and you will be trading with other generation III games in no time!
Using an Emulator
If you are playing on an Android device using the My Boy emulator, there is also a way for you to trade Pokemon between cartridges. The emulator allows you to run two games on the same device, and the process is fairly simple. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Launch Pokemon Fire Red using your My Boy emulator
- In the top-left corner of the screen, tap the menu icon
- Tap Link-local and then select the Another game option
- From the list of games, choose the one you wish to trade with
- Wait for the new game to launch and then tap the menu icon once more
- Tap Switch game
- Select Pokemon Fire Red to go back to your game
- From here, all you need to do is go to a Pokemon Center to initiate trading and then go back to the other game you loaded to finish the trading process
Universal Pokemon Game Randomiser
While not exactly one of the Pokemon Fire Red cheats, you can opt to use a Randomize Pokemon tool to make the game more interesting and challenging for you. With this program, you can go through a new experience of playing the same Pokemon game over and over again without getting bored. The program randomizes several things, including but not limited to the following:
- Starter Pokemon options
- Wild Pokemon you encounter in various locations
- Pokemon other trainers battle you with
- Base stats of each Pokemon
- Pokemon elemental types and abilities
- Trainer names and classes
Make Life in the Game Easier
Part of playing games is the rewarding feeling you get after accomplishing certain tasks and the game itself. However, if you have played the game before or simply wish to use shortcuts, these Pokemon Fire Red cheats are sure to make life easier for you. Cheats allow you to do several things, including teleporting, accessing infinite cash, upgrading your Pokedex, and even catching all the Pokemon in one fell swoop. While you may need the help of emulators to get the job done, that is certainly a small price to pay compared to the overwhelming sense of accomplishment you will get after finishing the game.