Welcome to our guide on how to put the PS5 controller in pairing mode. The PS5 controller, also known as the DualSense controller, is a key component of the PlayStation 5 gaming experience. Whether you’re setting up your new PS5 console or connecting the controller to other devices, knowing how to enter pairing mode is essential.
Pairing mode allows the PS5 controller to establish a wireless connection with other devices, such as the PS5 console, PC, or mobile devices. By following the correct process, you can ensure a seamless and hassle-free gaming experience.
In this guide, we will explore various methods to put the PS5 controller in pairing mode. These methods include using the PS5 console itself, utilizing custom button combinations, using the PS Remote Play app, and connecting via a USB cable. No matter the method you choose, we will walk you through the steps to successfully put your PS5 controller in pairing mode.
So, if you’re ready to delve into the world of wireless connectivity with your PS5 controller, let’s get started!
Method 1: Using the PS5 Console
One of the easiest and most straightforward ways to put your PS5 controller in pairing mode is by using the PS5 console itself. Here’s how you can do it:
- Turn on your PS5 console and ensure that it is in the ready state.
- Locate the PlayStation button in the center of your PS5 controller.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button for a few seconds until the light on the controller starts flashing.
- Once the light starts flashing, the PS5 controller has entered pairing mode and is ready to be connected to your PS5 console or other devices.
- To connect the controller to your PS5 console, navigate to the Settings menu using your console’s user interface.
- In the Settings menu, select the “Controllers” option.
- Choose “Bluetooth Accessories” and then “Wireless Controller”.
- Your PS5 console will automatically search for and detect the PS5 controller in pairing mode.
- Select the controller when it appears on the screen, and the connection will be established.
That’s it! You have successfully put your PS5 controller in pairing mode using the PS5 console. Now you can enjoy your favorite games wirelessly with ease.
Note: If your PS5 console is already connected to multiple controllers, make sure to disconnect any unused controllers before attempting to pair a new one. This will help ensure a smooth and uninterrupted pairing process.
Method 2: Using the Custom Button Combination
If you’re unable to access the PS5 console or prefer an alternative method, you can put your PS5 controller in pairing mode using a custom button combination. Follow the steps below:
- Ensure that your PS5 controller is turned off.
- Locate the following buttons on the PS5 controller: PlayStation button, Create button, and the Options button.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button and the Create button simultaneously for a few seconds.
- While continuing to hold the PlayStation and Create buttons, also press and hold the Options button.
- Keep holding all three buttons until the light on the controller starts flashing.
- Once the light starts flashing, it indicates that the PS5 controller is now in pairing mode.
- You can use this pairing mode to connect your PS5 controller to other devices, such as PC or mobile devices, following the connection process specific to that device.
That’s it! You have successfully put your PS5 controller in pairing mode using the custom button combination. This method provides a convenient way to pair your PS5 controller with devices other than the PS5 console.
Note: It’s important to note that the custom button combination for pairing mode may vary for different controllers. If the above combination doesn’t work for your controller, refer to the controller’s manual or the official PlayStation support website for the correct button combination.
Method 3: Using the PS Remote Play App
If you want to connect your PS5 controller to remote devices such as a PC, Mac, or mobile device, you can use the PS Remote Play app. Here’s how:
- Download and install the PS Remote Play app on your desired device from the official app store or website.
- Ensure that your PS5 console is turned on and connected to the same network as the device you want to connect to.
- Launch the PS Remote Play app on your device.
- Sign in to your PlayStation Network account.
- In the app, navigate to the controller icon or the “Settings” section.
- Tap on the “Pair Controller” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to put your PS5 controller in pairing mode.
- Once the controller enters pairing mode, the app will automatically search for and detect it.
- Select your controller when it appears on the screen to establish the connection.
After successfully pairing your PS5 controller using the PS Remote Play app, you can now enjoy gaming on your remote device with the same familiar controller.
Note: Ensure that you have a stable network connection and sufficient network bandwidth to ensure a smooth gaming experience when using the PS Remote Play app.
Method 4: Using a USB Cable
If you prefer a wired connection or want to quickly connect your PS5 controller to your PS5 console, you can use a USB cable. Follow these steps to put your PS5 controller in pairing mode using a USB cable:
- Ensure that your PS5 console is turned on and in the ready state.
- Take a USB cable that is compatible with the PS5 controller.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to your PS5 controller.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to one of the available USB ports on your PS5 console.
- Your PS5 controller will automatically enter pairing mode when connected via USB.
- The connection between the controller and the console will be established without any additional steps.
That’s it! You have successfully put your PS5 controller in pairing mode using a USB cable. This method provides a convenient and quick way to establish a wired connection between your controller and the PS5 console.
Note: While using a USB cable provides a reliable connection, it restricts your movement range compared to wireless connections. If you prefer wireless gameplay, consider using one of the previous methods. Additionally, it’s essential to use a high-quality USB cable to ensure optimal performance and compatibility.
Putting your PS5 controller in pairing mode is essential for seamless wireless connectivity with your PS5 console and other devices. In this guide, we have explored four different methods to achieve this: using the PS5 console, using a custom button combination, using the PS Remote Play app, and using a USB cable.
By following the instructions provided in this guide, you can easily put your PS5 controller into pairing mode and connect it to your desired devices. Whether you prefer a wired or wireless connection, these methods offer flexibility and convenience.
Remember to consult the instruction manual or official PlayStation support resources if you encounter any difficulties with a specific controller model or device. It’s also important to ensure that you have a stable network connection for the best gaming experience, especially when using remote play functionality.
Now that you have the knowledge on how to put your PS5 controller in pairing mode, you can enjoy gaming on various devices with ease. Explore the possibilities and immerse yourself in exciting gaming experiences!