The iRobot robot vacuum is now considered a common household tool and preferred option among buyers since it gets the cleaning job done. These vacuums are produced by the iRobot Corporation, an American company founded in 1990.
Over the years, iRobot Corporation introduced a number of robot vacuums in the market. Presently, most of these robot vacuums have successfully dominated the smart cleaning device market. So, if you are currently looking for a reliable robot vacuum to buy, getting a unit bearing the iRobot mark is your best option. Wondering why? Check out the benefits of owning an iRobot vacuum!
Benefits Of Buying An iRobot Robot Vacuum
Ease Of Use
iRobot designs all its robot vacuums with convenience in mind. Every unit comes with user-friendly features and are easy to operate. You only need to read and follow the instructions provided by the user manual. If you have owned a robot vacuum before, you should find it easy to operate an iRobot vacuum.
All iRobot robot vacuums are highly-versatile products. Almost all models are designed to work well with various cleaning surfaces such as carpet and hard flooring. In most cases, each unit has a certain function that allows it to adapt to the cleaning surface where you use it.
The iRobot robot vacuums are equipped with the latest autonomous vacuum cleaning technologies. A majority, if not all of the vacuum units bearing the iRobot name are very much capable of being programmed to meet your cleaning expectations or at least suit your vacuum cleaning preference. Also, some models are designed to work with Alexa or Google Assistant so that you can use voice control to operate the robot vacuum.
The design of all iRobot robot vacuums aims to meet if not exceed consumer expectations. Thus, having an iRobot vacuum provides you with peace of mind knowing that this tool will work the way you want it as well as provide the cleaning output that you wish to achieve from a vacuum cleaner.
Top 5 iRobot Robot Vacuums Worth Buying
The iRobot Roomba 650 is a straightforward Roomba model. It comes with a circular design and a pullout handle making it very handy when walked up and down the stairs. A pair of C-cell batteries powers the unit and it has infrared sensors that effectively detect if there is a floor underneath to thread. It has six buttons for various functions like “resume cleaning”, “perform deep cleaning” and “return to dock”.
- Sold at a lower price
- Efficiently cleans most floor surface types
- Very easy to use
- Can be used in areas with stairs
- Sets imaginary walls that it can’t pass through
- Moves aggressively when moving around objects
- Not good in cleaning flooring with pet hair
- Lacks any connectivity feature
Why You Should Own An iRobot Roomba 650
- This iRobot robot vacuum is a hardworking and straightforward cleaner with a budget-friendly price.
The iRobot Roomba 690 is the most favored option among buyers who need a simple, app-operated, affordable and hard-working robot vacuum. The iRobot Roomba 690 has a circular design and comes with the Clean button. Its home icon that enables the robot to go back to its dock, spot cleaning icon and the backlit panel which displays various information like the battery, error and the Wi-Fi Connectivity status.
The iRobot Roomba 690 is equipped with a dustbin located at the back of the unit and sold along with a virtual wall beacon and charging dock. This vacuum can be operated using a smartphone. You only need to download the iRobot app from Google Play or Apple App Store for free and have the robot paired via Wi-Fi.
- Has user-friendly features
- Sold along with a virtual wall beacon and a dock for convenient charging
- Can be operated using a Smartphone and the iRobot app via Wi-Fi
- Has a backlit panel that displays relevant device information
- Supports voice commands via smart home devices
- Has navigation issues when used in dark floor surfaces
- Has issues with docking
Why You Should Own An iRobot Roomba 690
- The Roomba 690 is the best option for buyers who need a vacuum that provides lots of functionality yet not so expensive.
The Roomba 890 is equipped with the advanced Triple-Stage Cleaning System. Also, it comes with the Edge-Sweeping brush that loosens, lifts, and effectively sucks hair, dirt and debris.
- High-performance tangle-free brushes engineered to clean without getting tangled
- Offers 5x more suction power
- Provides improved cleaning performance
- Wi-Fi and app-connected
- Has Dirt Detect Technology
- Misses some cleaning spots
- Relatively noisy during operation
- Can get clogged easily
- Equipped with a smaller debris bin
Why You Should Own An iRobot Roomba 890
- The Roomba 890 is the best choice in cleaning hardwood and carpeted floors.
The Roomba 960 is a popular robot vacuum that is 13.8 inches in diameter and stands about 3.6 inches tall. First, it comes with a large “Clean” button which is flanked by the “Home” as well as “Spot Cleaning” buttons. Then, it has indicator lights located on top of the buttons and a navigation camera. Finally, a removable dustbin at the back.
This Roomba has WiFi connectivity. Hence, you control this using the iRobot Home app. Moreover, this model is also compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Has excellent navigation capabilities
- Works well with different floor types
- Relatively quiet
- Can be controlled using a smartphone app
- Works via voice control via Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Provides a map of areas cleaned
- Can’t be steered using the smartphone app
- Usually gets stuck under low furniture
Why You Should Own An iRobot Roomba 960
- This Roomba is regarded as the best high-end robot vacuum in its price range
The Roomba i7+ comes with a premium-looking black plastic with a logo on top that conceals its carrying handle. Then, it has the prominent “Clean” button in the center along with the smaller docking and spot cleaning icons respectively on the left and right. Finally, this Roomba can be controlled using the iRobot Home app and connects to your phone and WiFi network in a breeze.
When cleaning, the i7+ looks scary because it moves like its thinking on its own. It usually enters a room by going in a particular direction and start cleaning. It will then pause and proceed to another area that should be cleaned.
- Provides excellent navigation
- Can clean a single room
- Cleans faster
- Sold at a relatively high price
- Has a loud cleaning base
Why You Should Own An iRobot Roomba i7+
- This vacuum provides a superior mapping performance and empties its bin. However, it is sold at a relatively higher price.