We have entered an age of streaming, with billions of hours of content at our fingertips. Not just on our computers, but on almost any device, we can go online and be faced with a plethora of content streaming services, from mostly free platforms like Youtube to premium ones like Hulu. As the competition between video streaming services intensifies, Hulu continues to offer a strong library of shows and movies. To give you more detailed information about it, here is the Hulu review and in-depth analysis of its prices, features, and benefits.
What TV shows are on Hulu?
In this Hulu review, let’s start first in determining what shows it offers. Hulu has a large selection of movies and TV shows to choose from. It is home to critically acclaimed works of art, as well as your garden variety popcorn flicks. Here are some of the best films and shows you’ll find on Hulu right now.
Top 5 Shows on Hulu
1. Justified (2010): Timothy Olyphant and Nick Searcy star in a contemporary western where a maverick U.S marshal enforces the law in his Kentucky hometown.
2. Atlanta (2016): Donald Glover and Brian Tyree Henry are two cousins who are working their way up through the Atlanta rap scene.
3. Better Things (2016): Pamela Adlon is a single mom who struggles to raise her three daughters while maintaining her career as an actor.
4. Harlots (2017): Samantha Morton, Lesley Manville, and Jessica Brown portray a family in 18th-century London as a brothel owner who struggles to raise her daughters.
5. Ramy (2019): Ramy accurately portrays a modern Muslim American family as the titular first generation Egyptian-American Ramy goes on a spiritual journey through his politically-divided New Jersey neighborhood.
Top 5 Films on Hulu
1. Minding the Gap (2018): Director Bing Liu compiles over 12 years of documentary footage to tell a poignant coming of age story about young Americans growing up in Rockford, IL.
2. Too Funny to Fail (2017): This documentary tells the true story behind “The Dana Carvey Show” – an episode in comedy history that went on to create comedy legends such as Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert.
3. The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years (2016): This critically acclaimed documentary follows The Beatles at its peak before the four young men from Britain called it quits on performing for live audiences.
4. Jawline (2019): Austyn Tester is a 16-year-old up-and-coming rising star who is faced with many challenges in his bid for online stardom.
5. Ask Dr. Ruth (2019): Ask Dr. Ruth tells the story of America’s most famous sex expert, from her troubled beginnings as a Holocaust survivor to charming audiences all over the states.
How does Hulu work?
Another thing that we should consider in this Hulu review is how does it really work? What is the necessary thing you should do first in order to use it? Hulu is a subscription service. To use Hulu and start watching, you’ll need a subscription, a supported device, and a decent internet connection. You only need a single subscription to gain access to Hulu’s large streaming library of movies and TV shows, and Hulu Live TV for on-demand access to the channels you want.
Here are the models supported by Hulu:
- Android phones and tablets
- Apple iPhones and iPads
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- Echo Show
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Hulu.com using a Mac or PC browser
- LG TV (select models)
- Nintendo Switch
- Roku and Roku Stick (select models)
- Samsung TV (select models)
- Xbox One & Xbox 360
How much is the Hulu Subscriptions?
One of the most important things you should know in this Hulu review is how much Hulu cost and what are its corresponding plans that you can choose from? There are a few Hulu subscriptions and several add-ons. Depending on whether you want the Live TV service, and if you don’t Hulu without Live TV is an ad-supported plan that costs $5.99 per month. This gives you access to the streaming of thousands of shows and movies from the Hulu library. Hulu (No Ads) subscription for $11.99 per month. It provides the same Hulu library access but delivers content to you without the ads.
Hulu + Live TV subscription is the plan for people who want Hulu streaming and on-demand live TV. This costs $54.99 a month. The first week is free, so you can give it a go and see if the subscription is worth it for you. Hulu also offers a Live TV Only subscription for $53.99
What is Hulu Live TV?
Through this Hulu review you will learn more about Hulu Live TV. Hulu Live TV is Hulu’s on-demand content and utilizes the live TV service. A subscription to Hulu Live TV will give you access to over 65 TV channels. It will also allow you to stream live sports games from major pro and college leagues, including the MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, and NCAA. Hulu Live TV streams many national and local sports channels.
You can also add some more channels to your subscription via add-ons. Some of the more popular add-on channels include:
- HBO – $14.99 per month
- Cinemax – $9.99 per month
- SHOWTIME – $10.99 per month
- STARZ – $8.99 per month
What channels are on Hulu?
Are you curious about how many channels Hulu can offer? We listed down each channel you can watch and enjoy. Hulu’s Live TV service has a growing list of channels for online streaming, currently at over 65 and counting. Below is an extensive list of channels on Hulu Live. Channels marked with an asterisk * are only available as premium add-ons.
News / Business
A&E, ABC News Live, ACC Network, AHC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, CNN International, ESPNews, Fox News, Fox Business, Cheddar Business, CNBC World, MSNBC, HLN.
Animal Planet, Big 10 network channel, CBS Sports Network, ESPN, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, FX, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, SEC Network, SEC Network
FX, FXM, FXX, FYI, Cartoon Network, Cinemax, Cozi, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, E!, HBO, HGTV, Lifetime Movies, Pop, Regional Sports, Lifetime, TBS, Universal Kids, Freeform, SYFY, TCM, Telemundo, TLC, TNT, truTV.
Animals / Discoveries
Animal Planet, Discovery, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Olympic Channel.
Boomerang, Bravo, Cooking Channel, Destination America, DIY Network, ESPN Bases Loaded, ESPN College Extra, ESPN Deportes, Food Network, History, Investigation Discovery, NASA TV, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, NBCSN, Oxygen, Smithsonian Channel, USA.
CNN en Espanol, Destination America, Discovery en Espanol, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, DIY Network, ESPN Deportes, History en Espanol, Showtime, STARZ, STARZ.
How many people can watch Hulu at once?
Hulu + Live TV subscribers can stream from two different screens at the same time. This means up to two people can stream from any of the supported devices using a single Hulu subscription. Hulu offers an add-on for unlimited screens at home on the same home wi-fi network, and 3 screens while on the go. This will cost an additional $9.99 per month. This add-on is only available to Hulu + Live TV subscribers.
How to add Disney Plus to Hulu?
Hulu subscribers can have their Disney+ and ESPN+ to the same subscription. This is called the Disney Bundle and costs $12.99 per month. Disney Bundle includes the basic ad-supported Hulu plan, an ESPN+ monthly subscription, and the full Disney+ experience which streams movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and many others.
New and existing subscribers to any of the three services can sign up for the Disney Bundle deal through Hulu. The process is a little different depending on whether you are a new or existing subscriber. Thankfully, Hulu has outlined a few simple steps to enable this.
Sign up for the Disney Bundle as a new subscriber
This Hulu review will also provide you a step-by-step process that you should take in signing up for Disney Bundle as a new subscriber. If you haven’t signed up for any of the three services (Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+), you can avail of the Disney bundle as long as you’re at least 18 years old and you live in the United States. To sign up for the Disney Bundle as a new subscriber, do the following:
- #1. Go to Hulu’s signup page and click on Sign Up Now.
- #2. Enter your e-mail address, password, and personal info.
- #3. Submit your payment information.
- #4. On your Account page, look for the Activations section.
- #5. Select Activate next to Disney+ and ESPN+.
- #6. Create your new Disney+ and ESPN+ accounts.
- #7. Activate your new Disney Bundle subscription.
Sign up for the Disney Bundle as an existing Hulu subscriber
If you already have Hulu but want to add Disney+ and ESPN+ to your subscription, don’t fret. In this Hulu review we provide a step-by-step process on how to do it. As long as you meet the same eligibility requirements above (be at least 18 years old and live in the United States), you can still get the Disney Bundle through the following steps:
- #1. Login to your Hulu Account page.
- #2. Locate Your Subscription, then select Manage Plan.
- #3. Select the Disney Bundle with your desired Hulu plan. You will find this under Packages.
- #4. Select Review Changes.
- #5. Click on “Activate Disney+ and ESPN+” and you’re all set!
How to activate Hulu with Spotify?
In 2019, Hulu and Spotify teamed up to offer a free Hulu subscription to Spotify Premium subscribers. Unfortunately, this was a limited-time offering and is no longer available. However, it is still possible to get Hulu for free with a Spotify Premium Student subscription. If you are eligible, sign up to Spotify Premium Student and you will gain immediate access to the ad-supported Hulu plan and SHOWTIME Streaming Service.
How to get Hulu for free?
Don’t you know that you can get Hulu for free? In this Hulu review, we will reveal how. The easiest and most obvious way to get Hulu for free is to sign up for a free trial. All the Hulu subscription plans have free trial offers. Ad-supported Hulu and Hulu (No Ads) both offer a 30-day free trial. Meanwhile, Hulu + Live TV is free for the first week. Just make sure to cancel before the free trial is up or else you will be charged automatically after the free trial period.
Alternatively, you can get Hulu for free by getting someone to share their account with you. Hulu plans allow up to two simultaneous streams or unlimited screens on the same wi-fi network via an add-on.
Students can take advantage of the free Hulu by signing up for Spotify Premium Student. The Spotify subscription itself costs $4.99 a month, but it does come with free ad-supported Hulu and Showtime. For a student who’s planning to get Spotify anyway, this method to get Hulu for free is just hard to pass upon.
How to watch Hulu offline?
Subscribers of the Hulu (No Ads) and Hulu + Live TV plans can download content on supported mobile devices. This means you can download movies and shows and watch them offline on iOS, Android, and Fire mobile devices. Not everything is downloadable, however – you’ll have to look for the Download icon to know if a title is available for download.
There are some limits to watching Hulu offline. First is that there is a limit to the number of episodes and movies you can download. Hulu allows up to 25 episodes and movies downloaded at one time on a per-account basis. Once you have 25 titles downloaded on your account, you will get a warning about storage limits and a prompt to delete some of your downloads to free up space.
Aside from being limited to only 25 titles, you can only download movies and shows on up to five different devices. If you try to exceed this limit, you will be asked to delete all your downloads on one of your other devices before you can continue.
Another thing to watch out for is that your unwatched downloads will expire after 30 days. If you’ve started watching your download, you will have 48 hours to finish watching before the download expires. You will be able to renew the download after it expires. Your download can also expire if the title is removed from Hulu’s streaming library, and you won’t be able to renew that download.
How to cancel Hulu?
You may want to cancel your Hulu subscription when other streaming services catch your fancy, or if your free trial is about to expire. This Hulu review provides the steps for canceling your subscription will differ depending on which device you’re using, and whether you have subscriptions to other services through your Hulu account.
How to cancel Hulu on a web browser
The easiest and most common way to cancel a Hulu subscription is through the Hulu website. These steps will help you cancel your subscription easily:
- #1. Go to Hulu.com on your preferred web browser.
- #2. Sign in with your credentials.
- #3. On your Account page, select your name in the top right corner.
- #4. Select Account.
- #5. Scroll down until you find Cancel and select it.
- #6. Select Continue to Cancel.
- #7. Hulu likes to keep its subscribers, so in the final step of trying to cancel your account, Hulu may make you an offer to stay. Review this offer, and if you still want to cancel, select No, Cancel Subscription.
How to cancel Hulu on Android
It’s not possible to cancel your Hulu subscription on iPhone, as the Hulu iPhone app will just recommend that you go to the Hulu website. However, Android users are in luck – the Hulu Android app allows the cancellation of a Hulu subscription, and here’s how.
- #1. Open the Hulu app.
- #2. Tap Account in the bottom right corner.
- #3. Tap Account again. You may be asked to enter your password.
- #4. Tap Cancel. You will find it next to Cancel Your Subscription.
How to cancel Hulu with your Apple ID
If you are subscribed to Hulu via iTunes, then you can cancel your subscription in iTunes. This is because your Hulu subscription is tied to your Apple ID, unlike using your Hulu account on a Hulu iPhone app. Canceling Hulu in iTunes is similar to terminating other subscriptions through iTunes.
- #1. Open iTunes.
- #2. Select Account in the menu bar.
- #3. Select View My Account and login if you haven’t.
- #4. Select Manage In the Settings section.
- #5. Select Edit next to Hulu.
- #6. Select Cancel.
- #7. Source: Lifewire
How to cancel Hulu on Playstation 4
The Sony Playstation 4 is one of Hulu’s supported devices, among other gaming consoles. If you use your PS4 for Hulu, here is how to cancel your Hulu subscription.
- #1. Go to the home screen.
- #2. Select Settings.
- #3. Select Account Management.
- #4. Select Account Information.
- #5. Select PlayStation Subscriptions.
- #6. Find your Hulu subscription and select Cancel.
Why isn’t Hulu working?
It may be inevitable to sometimes run into issues while streaming on Hulu, whether your Hulu app isn’t working or you’re having issues with the Hulu website.
Some of the most common reasons why Hulu isn’t working are the following:
- #1. You are stuck on the welcome screen
- #2. You are stuck on a blank or black screen
- #3. You are getting a generic app load error such as “Hulu was unable to start”
Unless there is something wrong with Hulu’s services, you can usually address the issue with basic fixes. Try the following when Hulu isn’t working for you:
- #1. Restart the Hulu app
- #2. Reinstall the Hulu app
- #3. Check for app and system updates
- #4. Clear your cache via your device’s settings menu
- #5. Turn off your device then turn it on
- #6. If none of these work, it might be time to contact Hulu’s customer service.
Is Hulu for you?
Whether or not Hulu is the perfect fit for your streaming service needs depends on a lot of factors. Do you like the pricing? Did you find a plan that will work for you? Do you like the available channels and on-demand live TV? Are your devices supported? We hope that with this in-depth analysis and Hulu review, we are able to help you make an informed decision. If you’re still unsure, here’s a comparison guide on Hulu vs Netflix vs Disney Plus.