Meal delivery services have become a safer alternative for most people. This is because of the current situation of the world, and most of us are busy and have difficulty finding the time to shop and prepare ingredients. Moreover, we are always after convenience in getting the food that we will serve on our table. A lot of companies are aware of these, so they came up with the idea of offering meal delivery services. Some prefer to order organic and diet-based foods, and Green Chef menu options offer these and more.
This meal kit subscription service lets its users have their preferred easy-to-cook diet-based foods delivered to their door. With that, users can enjoy high-quality foods and feel like a master chef for a while.
In this article, we will discuss what Green Chef is, what it offers, how to create an account, and order from its services.
What Is Green Chef?
Green Chef is a meal kit delivery service focusing on fresh and healthy ingredients. It was established in 2014 and has been under Hello Fresh since 2018. This company features a delivery service that uses certified organic products, making each meal ideal among health-conscious consumers. Every meal that it offers to its consumers fits most diet and lifestyle since it is always after the quality of the foods and the quantity of the nutrients present in each meal.
In addition to this, the box that is delivered not only contains the pre-prepared ingredients but also an easy-to-follow, well-crafted recipe card to cook incredible meals with the ingredients it came with.
What makes this meal kit delivery service different from its competitors is it caters to a variety of diets using ingredients that are organic and GMO-free. Moreover, it is focusing on finding ways to increase sustainability and helping local farmers and food manufacturers.
What Does Green Chef Offer?
Variation of Meals
It provides an impressive variation of meals that are easy to cook and suit your lifestyle. The meal plans are versatile and include keto, paleo, balanced living, plant-powered, vegetarian, pescatarian, omnivore, carnivore, and gluten-free diets. With these, you will be able to find the right diet plan that suits your needs and preference.
It delivers restaurant-quality meals and recipes that are easy to follow. There’s no need for you to think what to cook, look for a recipe, and go grocery shopping for ingredients. Also, the meals are healthier and promote a healthy balance suited for people with particular dietary needs.
It offers organic ingredients, making it one of the first-rate meal delivery services. You will be sure that all the ingredients delivered at your doorstep are all organic unless requested otherwise. The fresh ingredients came from local suppliers that go through annual inspections and are of premium quality.
Ease of Preparation
All foods delivered feature ingredients that have been measured meticulously. You will see chopped vegetables, pre-made and measured sauces, marinades, seasonings, and spice blends.
Recipes and Instructions
The recipes are quick and easy to follow. The well-crafted recipe card includes step-by-step cooking instruction with pictures. Recipes also come with the chef’s recommended sequencing of preparation. With that, the cooking time is minimal, and your meal will be ready in just about 30 minutes.
Its commitment to the environment is praiseworthy. The company uses reusable ice packs, and the boxes are made from 40% recycled material. Insulation and the boxes are recyclable, and the same rings true for the paper bags which are made from 100% recycled material. Green Menu offsets the use of plastics and carbon emissions with their Earth-friendly packaging.
Freshness And Quality of Food
All ingredients are carefully hand-packed, and products like chicken and are guaranteed to come to your door fresh and ready to be cooked.
How To Create A Green Chef Account
Green Chef does not have a mobile app; all you need to do is visit their website and create your account. You can use your email address or your Facebook account to register. Also, you need to provide your full name as well as contact and location details. You can pay using your card or through PayPal.
Green Chef Menu Options
Green Chef offers different menu options that meet a wide variety of dietary needs and goals, which makes it a great option for health-conscious people. Curious about what they offer? Here’s a sneak peek to their menu.
This menu includes three recipes per week and two servings per recipe.
This meal plan is made for people who want more organic ingredients in their diet. It is a great option if you prefer recipes packed with high-quality meat protein and vegetables while using sustainability sourced ingredients. The recipes are also free from gluten, grains, dairy, and soy.
- Red Curry Chicken Stir- Fry
- Lemon Pepper Pork Patties
- Worcestershire Beef Patties
- Paprika-Orange Pork Chops
- Almond-Crusted Barramundi
- Lemon-Pepper Pork Pattie
Subscribers get three recipes per week and include two servings per recipe.
This meal is specially made for carb-conscious customers. It only has eight to 20 net carbs per serving. It includes recipes that are gluten-free and low in carbs but high in fat and proteins. This can be a meal with meat and different kinds of seafood usually laid on a bed of vegetables.
- Kenyan Chicken Curry
- Bulgogi Pork Chops
- Blackened Chipotle Shrimp
- Mediterranean Chicken
- Sesame-Ginger Tilapia
- Pork with Balsamic Tomato Sauce
The Plant-Powered menu offers three recipes per week and two servings per recipe to subscribers who want to completely clean up on their diets.
This menu is designed to cater to vegetarians and vegans. The main and sides dishes are all plant-based and let you achieve your preferred lifestyle to the next level without consuming meat products.
- Mushroom and Pepper Banh Mi Bowls
- Cheesy Pasta with Butternut Squash
- Rainbow Roasted Veggie Bowls
- Maple-Glazed Carrots & Farro Bowls
- Dukkah-Spiced Chickpea Bowls
- Edamame Rice Cakes
Balanced Living Menu
This Green Chef menu comes with three recipes per week with two servings per recipe.
This plan offers customized and flexible meat, kinds of seafood, and vegetarian recipes. You can choose from a variety of recipes ranging from vegetarians to meat lovers since it has meals from all the plans available.
Balanced Living Meals
- Caribbean Shrimp & Coconut Rice
- Herb-Seasoned Meatballs and Orzo
- Almond-Crusted Barramundi
- Ground Beef Cheesesteak Melts
- Teriyaki Pork Meatballs
- Herb-Roasted Shrimp
Family Plan Menu
Comes with two dinners a week for a family of four.
This menu is similar to the Balanced Living menu but is suited more for a family of four.
Green Chef Menu for Different Diets
- Omnivore – offers a menu that has meat, seafood, and vegetarian dinners.
- Gluten-free – the meal is always gluten-free and full of flavors; it has meat, seafood, and vegetarian dinners.
- Carnivore – a meal for meat and seafood lovers, has veggies.
- Vegetarian – veggies are the star of the meal.
- Vegan – an innovative plant-based menu that doesn’t use any animal-based products.
- Pescatarian – a plant-based meal plan combined with fish and seafood.
- Mediterranean – a meal plan that emphasizes whole grains, vegetables, and good fats that come from nuts, seeds, and oil.
- Lean & Clean – a meal plan that caters healthy ingredients and lean proteins and does not contain dairy, gluten, soy, or sugar.
- Heart Smart – a meal for calorie-conscious consumers, has veggies and emphasizes good fats.
How Does Green Chef Work?
- Login; remember you can use your Facebook account for easier access.
- Choose your dietary preferences for your lifestyle.
- Fill out the shipping information by providing your e-mail address, first and last name, phone number, address with your city, state, and zip code.
- Proceed to checkout.
- In the checkout window, click the box for the next available delivery date for your state.
- Set a password.
- For the payment options, you can choose between paying by card or through PayPal.
- Check your subscription. It contains your meal plan, shipping address, your preferred date, and the amount you need to pay.
- After checking, click on “Complete Order.”
- Wait for your order to arrive.
You can choose a meal plan based on your dietary preferences. Also, you can choose between two or four for the number of servings and the date of delivery. Concerning the deliveries, you can choose from weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. You can always hold or skip your upcoming delivery depending on your schedule and budget. You can also cancel it anytime you want.
Since it is a meal subscription service, you can always change your options weekly based on your dietary preferences and the menu they allot. You can even cancel your orders, but cancelation should be within seven days before your chosen delivery date.
Structures And Prices Of Green Chef Menu Options
The meal plan size can be for two people or a family which usually consists of four persons. The two-person plan, which is the default, is the delivery of three dinners for two people all in only one box. With that, you will receive a total of six meals in a box. On the other hand, the family plan is the delivery of two dinners for four people, which will give you a total of eight meals.
In addition to this, the price varies depending on the meal plan that you chose and the size per serving. Shipping fees are included with each order as well.
- Keto and Paleo – $12.99 per meal, giving you a total of $84.93 per box
- Balanced Living (Omnivore) – $11.99 per meal, giving you a total of $78.93 per box.
- Plant-Powered (Vegetarian and Vegan) – $11.99 per meal, giving you a total of $78.93 per box.
- Vegetarian of two to three boxes a week – $9.99 per meal, giving you a total of $66.93 per box.
- Family size – $10.99 per meal, giving you a total of $94.91 per box.
Remember that you can’t choose different meal plans unless you change your preferred plans. Also, they do not deliver in Alaska, Hawaii, and parts of Louisiana; there’s also no delivery on Sundays.
Pros And Cons Of Green Chef Menu
- Benefit from organic produce
- Uses more organic, non-GMO ingredients
- Variety of meal plans to suit your dietary preferences
- The meals are easy to prepare
- Environment-friendly packaging
- Locally sourced ingredients
- Can cancel deliveries
- Ingredients are conveniently packed
- Meals are vegetable-packed
- Uses familiar ingredients
- Pre-measured ingredients
- Color-coded recipe cards
- Recyclable and reusable packaging materials
- Can change menu options per week
- Provides new taste and new foods
- Gives new cooking techniques
- Convenient delivery
- Generous serving size
- Ordering is easy
- Wasteful packaging
- Only full plans are available
- Plans are suited more for pairs or groups
- More expensive compared to competitors
- Ingredients of sauces are not included
- No information about the local farmers
Green Chef vs Competitors
This meal-delivery service offers perfectly sized meals for one person that can be enjoyed in one sitting. Moreover, it delivers meals that are fully prepared and can be served in just three minutes. There’s no need for extra preparation and cleaning. Just pop it in in your microwave and enjoy your meal in no time. The menu that it offers is customizable. With that, you can mix and match your favorite dishes depending on your preferences.
This meal kit service is perfect for vegetarians and omnivores due to the service providing customers with easy-to-prepare plant-based meals. Moreover, it offers a huge variety of meals that are low in carbohydrates. You can have meals which can be prepared in three different ways: oven-ready, pre-prepped, or classic cooking. You can also have add-ons to your meals as well as mix and match your meals.
This meal-delivery service offers healthy plant-based meals. It offers creative and flavorful meals that use no animal products. Moreover, you can make your meal ready in about 30 minutes. It also lets you add plant-based meals on your breakfast, dinner, or snacks. Purple Carrot has a wide array of recipes which you can order based on what your body needs.
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service that is perfect for people who love to cook. It aims to deliver meals with healthy and fresh ingredients that you can prepare at home. This service also has numerous meal plans which you can try out depending on your suggested diet. It lets you know your way around your kitchen since you still have to peel, chop, and measure. However, you will receive just the right amount of ingredients so you won’t waste ingredients.
Try Out The Green Chef Menu Options Today
Since most of us are busy, we tend to look for a meal delivery service to pick our meals for us so we don’t have to stress about dinner after long hours of work. However, some of us are health-conscious, so we look for the healthiest meal delivery options. The Green Chef is an ideal option for the most health-conscious people because it offers a wide variety of healthy meals with the convenience of cooking. Moreover, you can decide when your meals will be delivered. Even though it charges a shipping fee per box, it’s all worth it since the meals are all healthy and won’t take much of your time in cooking them.
As long as your chosen meal delivery service meets your requirements and dietary preferences, you will not think about money but the satisfaction that it provides.