Are you a passionate gamer who wants nothing less than the best performance from your gaming PC? Look no further, as we bring you an expertly curated list of the 7 most amazing power supply units for gaming PCs in 2023. Your gaming experience will be taken to new heights as these high-quality power supply units deliver reliable and efficient power to your system. With cutting-edge technology and innovative features, these power supply units ensure stability, durability, and optimal performance for your gaming adventures. Get ready to enhance your gaming rig with these top-notch power supply units.
Overall Score: 8.2/10
The SHARK TECHNOLOGY ATX-1000-LED Silent 1000W Power Supply is a high-quality PSU designed for gaming PCs. With its strong 1000-Watt power output and stable power source, it provides reliable performance for desktop computers with dedicated PCI-Express graphic cards. The power supply is highly efficient, meeting and exceeding the 80plus standard, resulting in less heat dissipation and electricity wastage. It features quad blue color LEDs that turn on when the PSU is in use, and a smart fan controller for ultra-quiet operation. It comes with various power connectors included, as well as a black casing with black braided sleeving on all cables. The SHARK TECHNOLOGY ATX-1000-LED Power Supply is a reliable and efficient choice for gamers and PC enthusiasts.
- Strong 1000-Watt PSU with stable power source
- High efficiency with less heat dissipation and electricity wastage
- Quad blue color LEDs for visual appeal
- Smart fan controller for ultra-quiet operation
- Various power connectors included
- Black casing with black braided sleeving on cables
- Color: Black
- Dimension: 5.91Lx5.71Wx3.39H
- Whisper quiet operation
- High power output
- Affordable price
- Easy to install
- Fast shipping
- LED placement may not meet expectations
- Limited power connectors
- May not support high-end dual video cards
The SHARK TECHNOLOGY ATX-1000-LED Silent 1000W Power Supply is a dependable choice for gamers and PC enthusiasts, providing stable power and efficient performance. Its quiet operation and attractive LED design make it an appealing option for those who value aesthetics. However, the limited number of power connectors may restrict its compatibility with high-end dual video card setups. Overall, this power supply offers good value for its price, making it a solid choice for gaming PCs.
Overall Score: 8/10
The SHARK TECHNOLOGY® 1000W Black ATX12V EPS12 Silent 120mm Fan Gaming PC Power Supply is a high-performance power supply designed for gaming PCs and VR applications. It has a 1000-Watt on-demand power output and supports the latest AMD and Intel multi-core CPUs. The power supply features a quiet operation, optimized cooling design, and long cables to support mid and full tower PC cases. With its rock-solid high-performance output, it provides reliable power to your system. The power supply is energy-efficient, wasting less electricity and generating less heat. It comes with key power connectors and supports LGA 1156/1366 Intel X58 P55 motherboards. The SHARK TECHNOLOGY® 1000W Black ATX12V EPS12 Silent Power Supply is an affordable and reliable option for gamers.
- 1000-Watt on-demand power for gaming PC and VR app
- Quiet operation with optimized cooling design
- Long cables to support mid and full tower PC cases
- Rock-solid high-performance output with key power connectors
- Energy-efficient and UL certified safety AC power cord included
- Color: Black
- Dimension: 5.91Lx6.14Wx3.39H
- Affordable and well-made power supply
- Quiet operation and energy-efficient
- Comes with long cables for easy installation
- Rock-solid high-performance output for gaming PCs
- Lack of documentation and unmarked cables
- EPS cable is short and not easily hidden
The SHARK TECHNOLOGY® 1000W Black ATX12V EPS12 Silent Power Supply offers an excellent combination of affordability, reliability, and performance. It delivers ample power for gaming PCs and VR applications, with its quiet operation and optimized cooling design. The long cables make installation easy in mid and full tower PC cases. However, the lack of documentation and unmarked cables can be a drawback for novice builders. Overall, this power supply is a great choice for gamers looking for a reliable and budget-friendly option.
Overall Score: 7.5/10
The Apevia ATX-ES600-RGB Essence 600W ATX Semi-Modular Gaming Power Supply is a high-quality power supply designed for gaming enthusiasts. It features a black sandblasted casing and comes with a 120mm RGB fan that offers 16 color modes for customizable lighting. The power supply supports Dual/Quad/Multi-core CPUs and has a single 12V output for higher power usage. It also comes with heavy-duty protections including Short-Circuit/Over-Current/Over-Voltage/Over-Power/Under-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protections. With its auto-thermally controlled fan, the power supply ensures optimal cooling and performance. It has various connectors for easy installation and supports a wide range of components. Despite some downsides like the screws not screwing in properly and occasional difficulty in turning off the desktop, the Apevia ATX-ES600-RGB Essence 600W ATX Semi-Modular Gaming Power Supply offers good value for its price.
- Apevia 600W Essence ATX Semi-Modular Gaming Power Supply
- 120mm RGB fan with 16 color modes
- Supports Dual/Quad/Multi-core CPUs
- Supports single 12V output for higher power usage
- Heavy-duty protections: Short-Circuit/Over-Current/Over-Voltage/Over-Power/Under-Voltage/Over-Temperature Protections
- Dimension: 6.30Lx5.91Wx3.35H
- High-quality build
- Customizable RGB lighting
- Good performance for its price
- Handles power usage efficiently
- Screws not screwing in properly
- Occasional difficulty in turning off the desktop
The Apevia ATX-ES600-RGB Essence 600W ATX Semi-Modular Gaming Power Supply is a solid choice for gamers who are looking for a reliable and affordable power supply. It offers good performance for its price, with heavy-duty protections and a customizable RGB fan for added aesthetics. While it has some downsides like the screws not fitting properly and occasional difficulty in turning off the desktop, these issues can be overlooked considering its overall value. If you’re on a budget and in need of a power supply that can handle higher power usage, the Apevia ATX-ES600-RGB Essence 600W ATX Semi-Modular Gaming Power Supply is worth considering.
Overall Score: 8/10
The Apevia ATX-JP1000 Jupiter 1000W 80 Plus Bronze Certified Active PFC ATX Gaming Power Supply is a reliable and high-performance power supply for gaming enthusiasts. With its dual/quad core CPU support and compatibility with SLI/Crossfire/Haswell, this power supply delivers the power needed for demanding gaming setups. It features a 135mm black fan that is auto-thermally controlled, ensuring optimal cooling and airflow. The power supply also comes with all sleeved cables for easy installation. With its double forward converter design and heavy-duty protections, this power supply provides efficient and safe power delivery. The Apevia ATX-JP1000 Jupiter 1000W Power Supply is a great choice for gamers in need of a powerful and reliable power supply.
- 1000W power supply for gaming
- Supports dual/quad core CPUs and SLI/Crossfire/Haswell
- Auto-thermally controlled 135mm black fan for optimal cooling
- All sleeved cables for easy installation
- Double forward converter design and heavy-duty protections
- Dimension: 6.20Lx5.90Wx3.40H
- Reliable and high-performance
- Supports demanding gaming setups
- Optimal cooling and airflow
- Easy installation with all sleeved cables
- Efficient and safe power delivery
- Missing 4-pin connector for CPU
- Low voltage measurements
- Chirping fan issue
The Apevia ATX-JP1000 Jupiter 1000W Power Supply is a reliable and high-performance option for gamers with demanding setups. It delivers the power needed for dual/quad core CPUs and supports SLI/Crossfire/Haswell. With its auto-thermally controlled 135mm black fan, it ensures optimal cooling and airflow. The power supply also comes with all sleeved cables for easy installation. However, some users have reported missing 4-pin connectors for the CPU, low voltage measurements, and chirping fan issues. Despite these drawbacks, the Apevia ATX-JP1000 Jupiter 1000W Power Supply remains a solid choice for gamers in need of a powerful and reliable power supply.
Overall Score: 8/10
Upgrade your gaming PC with the CoCocina 12V 550W Gaming Pc Power Supply Unit Quiet Fan CPU ATX 4-Pin Pci-E Sata Pc Computer. This power supply unit is designed to deliver reliable and efficient power to your system while keeping it cool and quiet. With its ATX 12V 2.0 power standard and 550W rated power, it is suitable for a full platform CPU range. It features a quiet fan and comes with 2 dtype interfaces. Whether you're building a new gaming rig or upgrading your current one, the CoCocina 12V 550W Gaming Pc Power Supply Unit is a great choice for gamers and tech enthusiasts alike.
- Power standard: ATX 12V 2.0
- Applicable CPU range: full platform
- Rated power: 550W
- Voltage: 12V
- Number of dtype interfaces: 2
- Reliable and efficient power delivery
- Quiet fan
- Suitable for full platform CPU range
- Easy to install
- Great choice for gaming enthusiasts
- Lack of detailed specifications
- Limited information available
Overall, the CoCocina 12V 550W Gaming Pc Power Supply Unit offers a reliable and efficient power solution for gaming PCs. With its quiet fan and suitable power rating, it helps maintain a cool and quiet gaming experience. Although the lack of detailed specifications may be a downside, its overall performance and easy installation make it a great choice for gamers and tech enthusiasts. Upgrade your gaming rig with the CoCocina 12V 550W Gaming Pc Power Supply Unit and enjoy a smoother gaming experience.
Overall Score: 8.5/10
The ARESGAME AGV Series 750W Power Supply is an ATX PSU that delivers a continuous output of 750 Watts. It is 80 PLUS Bronze certified, ensuring an efficiency rating of 85% or higher under typical loads. With a 5-year warranty and heavy protection features, including OVP/UVP/OPP/SCP, this power supply offers peace of mind and durability. The all-black cables add a sleek aesthetic to your computer setup, and the 120mm ultra-quiet fan provides excellent cooling performance. The compact design makes it smaller than the original power supply unit for easy installation. It comes with extra cables and is compatible with a wide variety of graphics cards. The ARESGAME AGV Series 750W Power Supply offers reliable power and performance at an affordable price.
- 750 Watt Continuous output
- 80 PLUS Bronze certified
- 5 Year Warranty
- All cables are black
- 120mm ultra quiet fan
- Dimension: 5.90Lx5.50Wx3.30H
- Compact design
- Comes with extra cables
- High-quality power delivery
- 5-year warranty
- Ultra-quiet fan
- May require adaptation for some motherboards
- PCI-E cable not pre-installed
The ARESGAME AGV Series 750W Power Supply offers great value for its price. It delivers reliable power with its 80 PLUS Bronze certification and comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind. The compact design and all-black cables contribute to a clean and sleek look for your computer setup. The ultra-quiet fan ensures excellent cooling performance without disturbing noise. While it may require adaptation for certain motherboards and the PCI-E cable needs to be manually plugged in, these minor drawbacks are outweighed by the overall performance and affordability of this power supply. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option without compromising on quality, the ARESGAME AGV Series 750W Power Supply is a solid choice.
Overall Score: 8/10
The Apevia ATX-PM1000W Premier is a 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Active PFC ATX semi-modular gaming power supply with 366 RGB light modes. Its semi-modular design supports cable management and it comes with a variety of connectors including main power, ESP 12V, SATA, PCI-E, and peripheral. The power supply features an auto-thermally controlled 135mm RGB fan with 366 RGB light modes. It also offers heavy-duty protections against short circuits, over-voltage, over-power, and under-voltage. With a support for ATX 12V 2.3 version, dual/quad core CPUs, and SLI/Crossfire/Haswell, this power supply is versatile and reliable. The Apevia ATX-PM1000W Premier is backed by positive customer ratings and offers great value for the price.
- 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Active PFC ATX Gaming Semi-Modular Power Supply
- Semi Modular Design Supports Cable Management
- Auto-Thermally Controlled 135mm RGB Fan with 366 RGB Light Modes
- Heavy Duty Protections: Short-Circuit/ Over-Voltage/ Over-Power/ Under-Voltage Protections
- Supports ATX 12V 2.3 Version, Dual/Quad Core CPUs, SLI/Crossfire/Haswell
- Dimension: 6.20Lx5.90Wx3.40H
- Size: 1000W
- Great value for the price
- Easy to install
- Versatile and reliable
- Auto-thermally controlled RGB fan with multiple light modes
- Heavy-duty protections
- RGB feature not controllable by main board or OS software
- No on/off switch
- Semi-modular design with some non-removable cables
The Apevia ATX-PM1000W Premier 1000W power supply offers excellent value for its price. With its 80+ Gold certification, versatile compatibility, and heavy-duty protections, it provides reliable and efficient power for gaming and other demanding tasks. The auto-thermally controlled RGB fan adds a touch of customization with its 366 RGB light modes. However, the lack of control over the RGB feature and the absence of an on/off switch may be minor drawbacks for some users. Overall, the Apevia ATX-PM1000W Premier is a dependable choice for those seeking a high-wattage power supply at an affordable price.
Buyer's Guide: Power Supply Unit for Gaming PC
Are you ready to take your gaming experience to the next level? One key component that often gets overlooked is the power supply unit (PSU) for your gaming PC. Choosing the right PSU is essential to ensure your computer can handle the demands of intense gaming sessions. Let's dive into the world of PSUs and help you make an informed decision.
Factors to Consider
When it comes to selecting a power supply unit for your gaming PC, there are several important factors to keep in mind. Consider the following points before making a purchase:
- Power Requirements: Determine the power needs of your gaming rig. It is crucial to select a PSU that can provide enough wattage to accommodate your computer's components, including the graphics card, CPU, and other peripherals. A high-powered gaming PC typically requires a PSU with a wattage rating of 500W or higher.
- Efficiency Rating: Look for a PSU with a high efficiency rating. PSUs are rated based on their ability to convert AC power into DC power efficiently. Higher efficiency means less wasted energy, resulting in lower electricity bills and reduced heat output.
- Modularity: Modular PSUs allow you to connect only the cables you need, reducing cable clutter within your PC case. This offers better airflow and easier cable management.
- Reliability and Brand Reputation: Invest in a PSU from a reputable brand known for its quality and reliability. A reliable PSU ensures stable power delivery, protecting your precious gaming components from voltage fluctuations and potential damage.
- Connectivity: Ensure that the PSU has the necessary connections to support your gaming PC's hardware. This includes the appropriate number and types of power connectors for your motherboard, graphics card, and other components.
- Size and Form Factor: Check the PSU's physical dimensions and compatibility with your PC case. PSUs come in various form factors, such as ATX, SFX, and TFX. Ensure that the unit fits properly and leaves enough room for other components.
- Budget: Set a realistic budget for your PSU. While it is essential to invest in a quality unit, avoid overspending on features your gaming PC may not require. Strike a balance between cost and performance.
Frequently Asked Questions about 7 Amazing Power Supply Units for Gaming PC for 2023
Choosing a PSU with insufficient wattage could lead to instability and crashes during heavy gaming sessions. It may cause power supply overloads, resulting in sudden shutdowns or even damage to your hardware components.
No, it’s important to consider the compatibility of the PSU with your gaming PC. Check the PSU’s form factor and size, along with the necessary connections, to ensure it fits properly within your PC case and can support your hardware specifications.
While a high-quality PSU won’t directly boost your gaming performance, it provides stable power delivery, reducing the risk of sudden shutdowns or voltage fluctuations that could harm your components. A reliable PSU is crucial for the long-term health and stability of your gaming PC.
A PSU’s efficiency rating indicates how well it converts AC power from your wall outlet into DC power for your system. Higher efficiency ratings result in less wasted energy, reduced heat output, and lower electricity bills over time. Look for PSUs with 80 Plus certification, such as 80 Plus Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Titanium.
To determine your gaming PC’s power requirements, calculate the sum of the power consumption estimates for your graphics card, CPU, and other components. You can typically find their power requirements listed on the manufacturer’s website or product specifications.