How to Change Install Path for League of Legends
Welcome to our Gaming blog category! In this post, we will dive into a common issue among League of Legends players – the need to change the install path of the game. Whether you want to free up space on your main hard drive or simply reorganize your files, this step-by-step guide will show you how to do it. So, let’s get started!
- Changing the install path for League of Legends can help free up space on your main hard drive.
- Follow these step-by-step instructions to easily change the install path for League of Legends.
Step 1: Locate the League of Legends Folder
The first step is to locate the League of Legends folder on your computer. Here’s how:
- Open File Explorer (Windows key + E) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the drive where League of Legends is currently installed, usually the default path is C:\Riot Games\League of Legends for Windows and /Applications/League of Legends.app for Mac.
Step 2: Move the League of Legends Folder
Once you have located the League of Legends folder, you can now proceed to move it to the new desired install path:
- Create a new folder in the desired location where you want League of Legends to be installed, for example, D:\Games\League of Legends.
- Copy the entire League of Legends folder from its current location to the newly created folder. Depending on the size of the game, this process may take some time.
Step 3: Update the Game Settings
After you have successfully moved the League of Legends folder to the new install path, you need to update the game settings to reflect this change:
- Open the League of Legends client.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner to access the settings menu.
- Under the General tab, scroll down to the Install / Update section and click on “Initiate Full Repair”.
- This will prompt the game to search for the new install path and update the necessary files.
- Once the repair process is complete, you should be able to launch and play League of Legends from the new install path.
That’s it! You have successfully changed the install path for League of Legends. Now you can enjoy the game without worrying about occupying valuable space on your main hard drive.
We hope this guide has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or need assistance with any other gaming-related issues, feel free to explore our blog or contact our support team. Happy gaming!