Nic is currently certified at Master level.

Name: Nic Hoza
Member since: 2002-09-20 04:23:16
Last Login: 2009-08-13 19:06:09

FOAF RDF Share This

Homepage: http://www.craterfish.org/teamprodigies

Notes:

I build small robots that wander my house, create neural networks cabable of 3D object recognition, and make autonomous ground vehicles capable of traversing hundreds of miles of desert. I am also the creator of http://www.craterfish.org

Projects

Recent blog entries by Nic

Syndication: RSS 2.0
25 Feb 2007 (updated 13 Aug 2009 at 18:11 UTC) »
February 24th, 2007

After spending about 8 hours on a calculus take home exam I put the last two motors on the frame. This included drilling, grinding, and welding the motor mounts, bolting the motors on, and then spray painting them with Ace Rust Off.

As usual, I posted a picture. View it here: http://www.teamprodigies.com/?pictures?2007/Feb

24 Feb 2007 (updated 13 Aug 2009 at 18:10 UTC) »
February 23rd, 2007

Last couple days I spray painted the new frame, welded nuts for the A-arms, bolted the A-arms up with washers and bearing grease, and cut the metal for the motor mounts.

Pictures at http://www.craterfish.org/teamprodigies/?pictures?2007/Feb

20 Feb 2007 (updated 13 Aug 2009 at 18:13 UTC) »
February 19th, 2007

The story of a day in pictures:

http://www.craterfish.org/teamprodigies/?pictures?2007/Feb

19 Feb 2007 (updated 13 Aug 2009 at 18:14 UTC) »
February 18th, 2007

I welded the A-arms for the rear of the car. I have no school this week (except for calculus II on Wednesday) because it's mid-winter break, so I should have some time to get some stuff done.

I put up a picture at http://www.teamprodigies.com/?pictures?2007/Feb

February 10th, 2007

A week or so ago I welded the frame of the back of the car, as you can see in the picture (the I-shaped structure next to the identical front of the car). The ends of the "I" - which the A-Arms connect to, had bent inwards when they had been welded to, decreasing the distance by almost a quarter of an inch on each of the four corners. I fixed this in the only way I could think of, pounding them as hard as I could with a monkey wrench. I then ground down the metal that rotates with the A-Arms (and fits between the ends of the I) to fit just right. I also went to Home Depot to get some more tubing for bushings, and some more supplies. I got new pins for the axles, but they did not fit, and neither Home Depot nor NAPA Auto Supplies had the nylon washers or ratchet adapters I needed.

197 older entries...

 

Nic certified others as follows:

Others have certified Nic as follows:

[ Certification disabled because you're not logged in. ]

Robot of the Day

Ester

Built by
Sirael Team

Recent blogs

17 Oct 2014 mwaibel (Master)
14 Oct 2014 shimniok (Journeyer)
5 Aug 2014 svo (Master)
20 Jul 2014 Flanneltron (Journeyer)
3 Jul 2014 jmhenry (Journeyer)
3 Jul 2014 steve (Master)
2 Jul 2014 Petar.Kormushev (Master)
10 Jun 2014 robotvibes (Master)
10 May 2014 evilrobots (Observer)
2 Mar 2014 wedesoft (Master)
1 Dec 2013 AI4U (Observer)
13 Nov 2013 jlin (Master)
23 Jun 2013 Mubot (Master)
13 May 2013 JLaplace (Observer)
21 Apr 2013 Pi Robot (Master)
12 Apr 2013 Pontifier (Apprentice)
16 Mar 2013 gidesa (Journeyer)
12 Mar 2013 ixisuprflyixi (Master)

Newest Members

Newest Robots

7 Aug 2009 Titan EOD
13 May 2009 Spacechair
6 Feb 2009 K-bot
9 Jan 2009 3 in 1 Bot
15 Dec 2008 UMEEBOT
10 Nov 2008 Robot
10 Nov 2008 SAMM
24 Oct 2008 Romulus
30 Sep 2008 CD-Bot
26 Sep 2008 Little Johnny
X
Share this page