Beyond the endless products you can possibly find on Amazon, Amazon Coins is here to revolutionize the way you shop. From easy check out to secure transaction, bellow are the steps that explain how these coins work.
Sharing the same concept as Bitcoins, these coins are built like a virtual currency but it works like a digital gift card. Though some people think that this coin is a form of cryptocurrency, but it isn’t.
What’re Amazon Coins?
We are all aware that Amazon sells everything and it does almost everything. Now with Amazon Coins, these can be used to buy software on Android and Kindle services such as games and apps.
Since its launch in 2013, the most frequently purchased items on Amazon with the use of the Coins are in-app items such as boosters, gems, and power-ups that provide users a boost in their games.
How Does it work?
To be able to use these Coins, you have to use a Fire Tablet or TV or have the Amazon Appstore on your Android device. However, you can only use these coins to make an entire purchase. This means you can’t check out with different multiple payment modes at once.
Let’s say you have 300 Amazon coins but it’s insufficient for you to check out your cart that costs 500 coins. You’ll either have to top the coins or purchase with the full amount with a debit or credit card.
Availability of Amazon Coins
Before you go on a shopping spree, these Coins are only available in certain countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
How to Buy Amazon Coins?
To buy it, it’s easy. Simply go to the Amazon website or in their Appstore. All you have to do is search for “Amazon Coins” then add in the quantity that you want to buy in your cart.
These Coins are sold in quantities:
For 100 Amazon Coins you purchase, they are worth $1.00.
Not only you can enjoy easy checkout, but the best part is you’ll get to save on every purchase you make. For example, you purchase 300 Amazon Coins, they are worth $3.00 but it will only cost you $2.97.
Basically, it works in the concept whereby the more you buy, the more you’ll save!
Bonus Tips: If you’re a first time user, you can get a discount code on the website that helps you earn more Coins.
Step-by-step Guide To Purchase With Kindle Fire
- First, go to Apps.
- Second, on the upper right-hand corner, click on Store.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines located on the upper left corner.
- After clicking on Amazon Coins.
- then click Buy More Coins.
- Choose which denomination you want.
- Finally, click Buy.
To unlock the paid apps and games, here’s how you can checkout with these Coins.
- Click on the paid app or game.
- On the upper right-hand corner, click on the yellow button to purchase.
- To confirm, the button will display the cost in real currency and the coins’ conversion.
- Click on that and select Amazon Coins.
- Click on Get App.
Buying Using Android
- Open the Amazon Shopping or Amazon Underground app.
- In the search box, type Amazon Coins.
- Select the Coins.
- Choose the denomination that you want to purchase.
- Click on the Buy button.
Check out your desired apps on Android.
- Go to the game or app that you want to buy.
- On the upper right-hand corner, click on the Buy App button.
- Just like with the Kindle Fire app, this will display the price in real currency or Amazon Coins.
- Click on that and choose Amazon Coins.
- Click on the Buy button.
Buying through Amazon Website
- Go to the Amazon website.
- In the search box, type Amazon Coins.
- Click Amazon Coins.
- Choose the denomination of your choice.
- You can also give Coins away by selecting the “Give Amazon Coins as a gift” box.
- Click Buy now with 1 click.
Keep in mind that you can’t buy mobile apps or games on the website. Also, your balance won’t reflect on your account here. When you purchase Coins through the website, they will be available in your account on your Android or Fire tablet.
You can get Amazon Coins for free. One of the most common ways to earn these coins is to earn them on selected items. Most of the discounts are available within popular games such as HayDay and HearthStone.
Earn ‘Coins Back’ With In-Apps Purchases
Amazon wants you to make more in-app purchases, hence, to entice you to do that they have a list of games that will give you 30 percent of your Coins back when you make an in-app purchase.
These games include:
- Flippy Knife
- Car Parking 3D
- Barbie Fashion Closet
- MARVEL Strike Force
- Golf Clash
- Game of Sultans
- Idle Heroes
- Billionaire Casino – Free Slot Games & Poker
- Word Cookies
- Horse Quest
- Coin Master
- World Series of Poker – WSOP Texas Holdem Free Casino
- MARVEL Puzzle Quest
- Pastry Pop Blast: Bubble Shooter – Bubble Popping Games
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile
- Cash Frenzy Casino – Free Slots & Casino Games
- Last Shelter: Survival
- Game of Thrones Slots Casino
- Mom’s Crossword with Pictures 2
- Westland Survival
- Jackpot Magic Slots
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Hardwood Spades Free
- Bingo – World Trips
- Spider Evolution – Merge & Create Mutant Bugs
- Tasty Words 2
- Slots – Heart of Diamonds Casino
- Clash of Lords 2: New Age
- Deluxe Slots: Las Vegas Free Casino Slot Machines
- 777 Word Rings
- Toy Boy Crazy Store – crush drop cubes puzzle game
- Goddess: Primal Chaos
- Alphabetty Saga
- 150 Word Towers
- Heroes Charge
- Quick Logic Puzzles – Free Daily Puzzle
- 2 Letters
- Adventure Escape: Allies Spies
- Sudoku Quest
- Gardens Inc. 4 – Blooming Stars
- Vikings at War
- Knit Simple Magazine
- Clickfun Casino Slots
- 380 Pics
- Dream Fish
You can purchase any of these games here.
If you’re wondering if these coins will expire — they won’t. That’s why it’s a great idea to purchase them when you spotted an amazing deal.
However, do note that promotional coins often come with an expiration date. Normally the coins are offered when you purchased a specific item such as a Fire tablet, Alexa and more. This expiration often lasts around 12 months upon your purchase date.
Are Amazon Coins Redeemable?
If you’re thinking if you can redeem these Coins for cash, you can’t. However, you can transfer it to another Amazon account if you have to. On the other hand, if you purchase an app using Amazon Coins, your developer gets paid with its local currency.
Why Amazon Made Coins?
You might be thinking, why did Amazon create these coins when users can use dollars or gift cards. Amazon hopes these coins are able to smoothen out the in-app purchase processes.
See, when you buy a lot of Coins, you don’t have to think about spending more cash. Also, the Coins do not come with fees and again, they do not expire.
The Amazon Coins is also a good strategy to push more users to purchase paid app downloads while at the same time, make developers look at Amazon’s store as a worthy competitor to Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store.
“For you, it’s another opportunity to drive traffic, downloads, and increased monetization. Plus, there’s no integration required — you’ll get paid the same 70 percent revenue share whether the customer chooses to use Coins or their own money,” Amazon wrote on their Developers blog.
Basically, Amazon is here to push people to download more apps. A few years ago since its launch, the Coins faced skepticism due to many failed virtual currencies developed by networks such as the now-defunct Facebook Credits. However, these coins are still here and it looks like it’s going to be here for more years to come.