The Sims franchise has been around for almost two decades, and players never get tired of playing a virtual avatar of themselves with a fictional life. And of course, players may want to bend the rules in the game for some slight advantages over the others. The Sims has its fair share of cheat codes available, and The Sims 4 still is no shortage of these cheats too.
For a rundown to some who are not familiar with The Sims game, it is basically a life simulation game that let players control their own virtual avatar. Just like real-life, your character in Sims needs to perform daily chores like how an ordinary person would in their everyday lives.
Every Sim has their certain moods and needs, such as sleep, hunger, happiness and more. But what’s more, fun is all players can customize it in any way they want. As long as they have the budget, or alternatively they can use some of the Sims cheats if they want to spend more on their home.
And now let us begin with the Sims 4 cheats, the list will be categorized based on the functions, such as for money, debug, build mode, skills and more.
Sims 4 Cheats
- PC: Hold CTRL and Shift, then press C.
- Mac: Hold Command and Shift, then press C.
- PlayStation 4: Press and hold all four shoulder buttons.
- Xbox One: Press and hold all four shoulder buttons.
- Though, some cheats may require to input the following code first: “testingcheats true”
- To disable it, just type “testingcheats false”
The Sims 4 Money Cheats
We believe without a certain amount of money in Sims, it’s actually quite hard to advance in this game. As it takes a longer time to acquire everything you need and it can be quite annoying when things just don’t seem to advance. Hence, here are some of the cheats code that’ll help you gain some monetary advantage in split seconds.
- Simply type “rosebud” or “kaching” to get 1,000 simoleons
- Insert “motherlode” to get 50,000 simoleons
- “testingcheats true”, then type in “Money X” X is the amount to get X amount of simoleons
- “FreeRealEstate On” to make the lots in the neighborhood free, type “FreeRealEstate Off” to disable it.
The Sims 4 Build Mode Cheats
For those who wonder what’s a build mode in the Sims 4, this feature is mainly used to edit and customize a series of things within the game. That includes the alteration of the building’s architectural and construction changes. Additionally, you can also use the build mode to add-on desired objects.
- To enlarge an item or shrink it, type “[“ or “]”
- To raise and lower objects, type “9” or “0”
- If you want to merge objects together and place them wherever you wish, use “bb.moveobjects on/off”
- “bb.showhiddenobjects” is for items that normally must be found or dug up to become visible
- “bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement” is to make all locked build items unlocked
Unlock Skills Cheats
Skills are essential to properly develop your avatar. These skills are especially important when needed to charm your potential partner or friends in Sims 4. Alternatively, these skills can be quite helpful in your day-to-day life in the game and also build a career.
To unlock these cheats, start by inserting “stats.set_skill_level [skilltype] [1-10]” to set your skill level for a certain skill. [skilltype] corresponds to the skills listed below and [1-10] corresponds to the level from 1 to 10.
To unlock these skills, simply type (Major_Skill). For example, Major_Fishing.
The Sims 4 Interaction Cheats
Type “cas.fulleditmode” first to enable CAS abilities. Then press and hold the Shift key while selecting an object or sim to pop out a menu then select an option to produce that specific effect.
- Allow Sim to be modified, except a name and inherited traits (choose Modify in CAS)
- Reset a Sim (choose Reset Object)
- Add the Sim to the current family (choose Add to Family)
- Select Sim to have all motives full and the mood is Happy (choose Cheat Motive > Make Happy)
- Motives change dynamically (choose Cheat Motive > Enable Motive Decay)
- Motives remain static (choose Cheat MOtive > Disable Motive Decay)
- Choose Object to reset the object
- Choose Dirty-able Object to make object dirty
- Select Dirty Object to make object clean
- Select Mailbox to reset the mailbox
- Choose Ground to teleport your Sim to that vicinity
The Sims 4 Relationship Cheats
- Type “modifyrelationship [First name of the first sim] [Last name of the first sim] [First name of the second sim] [Last name of the second sim] [Number] Friendship_Main” to add more friendship between two sims
- Type “modifyrelationship [First name of the first sim] [Last name of the first sim] [First name of the second sim] [Last name of the second sim] [Number] Romance_Main” to add more romance between two sims
The Sims 4 Pregnancy Cheats
- First Trimester Pregnancy for Sims character or ghost – “sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester1”
- Second Trimester Pregnancy for Sims character or ghostType “sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester2”
- Third Trimester Pregnancy for Sims character or ghost “sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester3”
- To make Sims avatar or ghost pregnant at term “sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_inlabor”
The Sims 4 Death Cheats
There are plenty of different ways your Sims avatar can die or suicide in the Sims 4. With all the possible imaginations, they can be chosen to die by natural causes like old age and diseases. However, for those who wish to punish the characters in a more exaggerating way, in Sims 4, you can do it.
With these cheats, the Sim can die of overexertion, electrocution, hunger, fire, drowning and more. For even more extreme deaths, the Sim can even die of embarrassment, laughter, rocket ship crash landing, a cardiac Explosion and more… To unlock these cheats, follow the instructions below.
- To cause death while fixing the electric item type “sims.add_buff buff_death_electrocution_warning”
- Overstressed after working out type “sims.add_buff buff_death_elderexhaustion_warning”
- Death by embarrassment within five hours type “sims.add_buff buff_mortified” to cause death by
- Die because of starvation within one-day type “sims.add_buff buff_motives_hunger_starving”
- Use “sims.add_buff buff_Enraged” to instantly give your Sim the Enraged moodlet. Your Sim will die in a few hours afterward.
- Use the traits.equip_trait Vampire_Sun cheat to make your Sim die instantly. They will then turn into a ghost. This works on both Vampire and normal Sim.
The Sims 4 Miscellaneous Cheats
- Disable death “Death.toggle”
- Reset the specified Sim “resetSim [FirstName] [LastName]”
- Toggle fullscreen on/off type ‘fullscreen”
- Hide all headlines (plumbobs, thought balloons, etc.) “headlineeffects[on/off]”
- To enable additional cheats type “testingcheats [true/false]”
- Pay the bill automatically “households.autopay_bills”
- To back out of dialog or makes a choice automatically, type “ui.dialog.auto_respond”
- Shortcut to complete the current aspiration milestone, type “aspirations.complete_current_milestone”
- Earn a demotion in the chosen career, type “careers.demote[name of career]”
- To earn a promotion in the chosen career, type “careers.promote[name of career]”
- Abandon a career type “careers.remove_career[name of career]” to a
- Boost crafting, type “crafting.shorten_phases”
- Fill commodities for one Sim, type” sims.fill_all_commodities” to
- Fill commodities for all Sims in household, type “stats.fill_commodities_household” to
- Add a specific amount of funds, type “sims.modify_funds [amount]” to a
- To remove Moodlets, type “sims.remove_all_buffs” to have
- Spawn a specific amount of Sims, type “sims.spawnsimple[number of Sims]” to s
- Disable object placement rules, type “bb.moveobjects”
- Give satisfaction points to Sims, type “sims.give_satisfaction_points[number of points]”
- To unlock all career rewards in Buy Mode by typing “bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement”
There you go, the list of cheats that you can possibly unlock in the Sims 4. However, if you wish to try it out, download your Sims 4 here on PS4, Xbox One, PC or Mac. Unleash your creativity and play away. Also, if you like this article, don’t forget to share and like this page on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!