3 Oct 2005 robotvibes   » (Master)

While designing the bump sensors, it deemed necessary to install the front and side panels on UltraMega, as the sensors would be mounted on the front/sides of the chassis, forming around UltraMega's body. I will be using piano wire, and some "nylon nose gear bearings" used on model airplanes to attach the bump sensors to the panels. This may still need some tinkering, to get the best response when UltraMega bumps into an object. The front/sides are now enclosed behind the panels, which are transparent lexan, that allows one to view inside the body (Nice looking!).

I have also built the debounce cct for the bump sensors, and will be connecting them to the AVR external interrupts, and testing them out.

I finally wrote up a 1 page spec of UltraMega, which should be available in Downloads. Though some updates will be made, as I get the chance. Some schematics will also be available as well.

The light sensors(Cds) will be installed next, connected to the AVR, and starting programming behavior experiments.

Note: current pics coming soon...

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

X
Share this page