Older blog entries for jcrobotics (starting at number 9)

My rotating tower for Golias V2 has a new motor. I finally found the right motor to be used, a motor of an electric window of a Ford car. Stepper motor is so good but generates a lot of noise and vibration in low speeds. It was necessary to reduce the speed of the new motor with PWM. The mechanical coupling is so easy. I'm programming a PIC processor to operate the tower with its rotation motor, two servos and other devices as a spot light, infra- red light, a video-quad to select between four cameras and much more.

12 Apr 2006 (updated 17 Apr 2006 at 11:28 UTC) »

I finished the loader of my coil gun. The trigger circuit and load solenoid works great. My rotating tower for Golias V2 had problems now, I finally found the motor to be used. I´m using a stepper motor, but I am still with problems of mechanical coupling. I think that I need to live in a planet that had more than 24 hours in a day. 8)

I´m back. I´m mounting a coil gun for Golias V2 with two stages, capacity of ten shots and a laser aiming (red and infra-red laser). A not lethal gun, only for demonstration purposes and I intend to install a PIR sensor to protect life forms. I finished the upper cover lacking only the painting. I´m initiating the rotating tower. Golias V2 is growing...

Today I finished the aluminum panel to fix the keys and fuses. They are 4 keys and 11 fuses. I came back toward the paper and I drew the wiring for the new panel.

I started the wiring work, now I go to cut an aluminum plate to make the internal panel of keys and fuses. With the new panel I will be able to finish the wiring of the mobile base of Golias V2.

Today I fixed the boards of hbridges in its new places. I had that to retouch the painting in some points. Everything soon for the wiring now.

Today I changed the distribution of the boards of the Golias HBridges. When I prepared the wiring I came the new idea of where they would have to be fixed and this saved much space and electric wire. The wiring was stops after fixing the boards again.

19 Jul 2005 (updated 19 Jul 2005 at 04:31 UTC) »

Finally I finished the painting work. Now, I start to install the mechanics and the power sources and hbridges. I intend to test these systems in the next Sunday.

1 Jul 2005 (updated 3 Jul 2005 at 02:52 UTC) »

I finish the two power supplies, one with "clean" power for logic circuits and other for motors and drivers. Golias V2 have a single battery for circuits and motors. I finish and test the hbridges, I made it with extra amps and good snubber circuits. I dislike noise in my power lines!! Today, I begin the paint job of Golias V2 body (mobile base only).

My new robot called Golias V2 is under construction. I have new photos in my home page.

X
Share this page