15 Jan 2002 hudson   » (Master)

Last night's all night hacking session has produced an iMac styled case for the autopilot. I also installed magnets in the fan disc for the N1 engine tach. The Hal effect sensor does not seem sensitive enough. I might have to purchase different ones. More details are in my post to the mailing list.

I also made Release 2.0 available over the weekend. This release is named "fly-by-wire" and is the first to support the Mega163 on the custom PCB. It has support for the servo outputs, sampling the gyros and accelerometer data as well as reading commands from the serial port.

My goal for the next release is to have the engine tach functioning and the PID loop governing the engine speed. I don't know much about control loop tuning, but I'll figure it out as I go...

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

X
Share this page