Now that I have a new "Power Distribution Center", I've been completely re-wiring the external switches, sensors, and everything else... It still looks cleaner, but it's taking a while.
I started planning out the new "control panel" orientation, and I bought some clear laser printer stickers, so I can correctly label each of the switches, lights, and the LCD that just came in from AllElectronics.com.
Also received an RS232 module that will make connecting and disconnecting to a serial line much easier. I ordered it from CompSys1.com this weekend, and it arrived yesterday. Looks neat... now all I have to do is solder it together and try it out! :)