2 Aug 2002 davee   » (Master)

After working out a few bugs (there are always bugs to workout), K1 does a wonderful job of exploring and avoiding objects.

Tonight, I added a servo 'head' to hold a scanning platform and wrote the code to handle the scanning process while K1 explores it's world. The scanning process occures concurrently with other operations via a background timer.

I still need to add code for the targeting sensor and tell it what to do when it sees a target, but it all is coming along quite nicely.

I've decided to build a fire fighting robot out of K1, so I will be looking for a UV sensor in the next day or two to mount on the head. Haven't added the sound board yet either, will save that for later.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

X
Share this page