31 Jul 2003 dafyddwalters   » (Master)

Open Automaton Project Update:

I've added a hardware block diagram to the project page of the web site, which gives an idea of the scope of the project (as much for my own benefit, as any interested visitors). This puts the project into perspective; there are seven hardware modules with firmware to develop in all, five of which are left to design as of today. After that, there's the Player "driver" software to be written for the I2C devices, and initial versions of the behaviour and task software components based on the Pyro framework need to be integrated.

To get all this done in time so that I can take the prototype droid to the Seattle Robothon this October as planned, seems like a tall order, but I'm determined to do it.

I've added some pictures to the prototype page; there aren't many there yet, but I'll add some more over the next couple of weeks.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

X
Share this page