14 Aug 2005 cschur   » (Master)

Hi All,

More on some progress with VacBot 1, here is a new shot and a movie clip of todays work on the robot. We got rid of the direct drive to the huge 6 inch wheels, and now are trying to use a set of belt and pulleys for a 5 to 1 gear reduction. I dont know what to use for a belt yet, but for now its rubberbands. I got the speed at the half a foot per second I was targeting, and added a back wheel for the sweep height adjust.

Here is the new shot, and the movie at the top of this page:

http://www.schursastrophotography.com/robotics/vacbot1.html

The motors can now be run full speed and have huge torque.

Chris

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

X
Share this page