Older blog entries for campp1 (starting at number 5)

Surprise! Surprise! We have a redesign. I've decided since there are so many servos I'd use a MSSC (Mini Serial Servo Controller). My pin out looks something like this now:

BS2

 0 - MSSC - Left wheel 
- Right wheel
- Swivel servo high
- Tail servo
- Gripper servo low
- Gripper servo high
1 - Left bump switch
2 - Right bump switch
3 - Left downward facing IR
4 - Right downward facing IR
5 - High ultrasonic Ping!
6 - Low left ultrasonic Ping!
7 - Low right ultrasonic Ping!
8 - Speaker
9 - Left tail switch
10 - Right tail switch
11 - Palm switch
12 - Mobility detector

... and here's a peak:

The Ultimate TABLEBot

Onward and forward! The Ultimate TABLEBot is constructed but not operational. I actually had to trim it down a bit as it had too many sensors and actuators for the 16 pin BS2 Stamp.

0 - Left Wheel
1 - Right Wheel
2 - Left Bumper Switch
3 - Right Bumper Switch
4 - Left Downward facing IR (keeps it on the table)
5 - Right Downward facing IR
6 - High Ping! Ultrasonic Sensor (for sensing the box)
7 - Swivel servo for Ultrasonic
8 - Speaker (Beep-beep)
9 - Tail Servo (for sensing "tablespace" when reversing)
10 - Left tail sensor
11 - Right tail sensor
12 - Gripper servo low
13 - Gripper servo high
14 - Low Ping! (for sensing the block)
15 - Mobility detector (am I moving when I'm supposed to?)

Now it's time to program this beast and make him operational <Mwa-Ha-ha...>.

The Ultimate TABLEBot

Making some progress on the Ultimate TABLEBot http:/ /www.camppeavy.com/Ultimate/Expand.html

Worked on Rusty some... going to clean-up instead of adding-to.

Did nothing with Spring... except move her in... which is a good thing as it might rain.

Welp, indeed talking about doing stuff didn't make it happen. I poked around a bit on the article... and we had a great meeting the other night <www.camppeavy.com/html/HBRC05Nov1.html> but the improved strategy on Rusty and Springy's stuff didn't even get touched.

Stuff got in the way.

It's just 1 step... of course I was trying to do "1 step" on three different projects... and what am I doing now???

Typing this damn blog instead of "step 1" on any one of 3 projects.

Regardless.

That's all for now.

No it isn't.

You're (I am anyway) always torn (well not always) between a total teardown and adding on. Both Rusty and Springy could use a little bit of both... tearing down and building up that is. In other words I want to tear it down and clean it up but at the same time I would be taking the robot down from its current pinnacle (yeah, right). Hey! Maintenance IS progress.

- Camp

The next step...

Springy : Autonomous Makeover... My next step is to get the Stamp functioning again after the 9.6 volt through servo incident. :-/

Rusty: Smarter Strategy... Currently Rusty tracks the combined lat/long direction. A smarter strategy will be to carousel between working the combined, latitude and then longitude variable(s).

PROTOBot: The Ultimate TABLEBot... New article for SERVO mag. Did some work on it today.

My thought here... if I annunciate my next step(s) to the whole world I'm more likely to actually do it... we'll see.

25 Nov 2005 (updated 25 Nov 2005 at 06:10 UTC) »

The hardest thing is always the next step. The Ultimate TABLEBot needs a check of the Swivel "Ping!" sensor. BTW: If you haven't tried a "Ping!" you're missing the best sensor in the world... so far. One wire ultrasonic; Pulsout... Pulsin. 5 for $100... eat'em like popcorn.

The Ultimate TABLEBot

Did that check... am getting consistent readings as the sensor turns from left to right. Its raw distance time-of- flight is ~5600 or 11200 micro-seconds for about 3'.

X
Share this page