22 Jun 2006 Nic   » (Master)

June 21st, 2006

I had my last finals today, and as of this afternoon at 12:00 school's out for the summer! I made my H-bridge circuit on a breadboard to test it with a small motor. I had to make some small modifications to get the circuit to work, but eventually it did. I designed the circuit to be fool-proof but about a minute after I got the circuit working.. it went up in smoke. Following the trail of melted wires, I deduced that both the left side MOSFETs had been turned on at the same time. I'm still not sure how this is possible.. maybe a component's lead touched another's. Anyway, I melted a bunch of stuff, so that's too bad. I think tomorrow I'll remake the circuit more carefully and with normal transistors.. and if it melts again I'll know the problem is with the circuit, not with an accidental short.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

X
Share this page