30 May 2005 Nic   » (Master)

May 30th, 2005

I found a flaw in the heading-from-video derivation method, and whereas it worked very well before, it now works extremely well. I uploaded the software on the Xpeditor, and it drove well. If only I had spent my week before the site visit working on heading from video.

One of the guys from Evergreen Films suggested a way to keep mud and dust from blocking the camera image, which was to spin a piece of plexiglass in front of the camera. He even gave me the plexiglass. After grinding the plexiglass down into a circle I attatched it to a motor, built a "frame", and added the camera. With the plexiglass disc spinning at several thousand RPM, any dust or dirt that comes in contact with it will be deflected. I posted a picture under progress at http://www.craterfish.org/teamprodigies.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

X
Share this page