July 28th, 2006
I got the ten MOSFETs I ordered in the mail and set out to
repair the damaged H-bridge circuit. I got a good start by
melting another MOSFET. I was still working on the flame-
blackened board that had an unknown problem. I probably
should have just started over, but I wanted first of all to
find out WHAT the problem was, and second I already had
most of the work done on this board.
After many hours of testing, desoldering, resoldering, and
fighting combat stealth mosquitos, I found the problem.
Where a 100k resistor should have been, there was a 47 ohm
resistor. How frustrating. I took all my test point solders
out and began resoldering components in. Just as I was
soldering the last connection, the mosquitos launched a
synchonized V-formation attack, but I perservered. I
connected the board, and it worked. I now have all four H-
bridge circuits fully functional.
Tomorrow is my last day before getting ready for camp, and
my goal was to have all the electronics for the car done. I
will build the plexiglass housings for the H-bridge
circuits, and solder the on/off security circuit for the
car, thereby completing all the circuitry.