5 Jan 2005 NateW   » (Master)

The hexapod is up to four legs now. One of my parrots chewed up the servo leads on three of the servos, so it's going to have to be a quadropod until I replace those.

The leg design I'm using now is built from hand-bent metal rods, and I'm not satisfied with it. Between the inconsistent bending and the interference between the rods and the chassis, I've decided to revise the legs to use straight rods, with another set of laser-cut plastic pieces to get the ends of the rods in the right places. Hard to explain, but I'll post a photo before long.

The control system software is coming reasonably well. Photos to come...

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

X
Share this page